Chapter Twenty-Three

"So does this mean you changed your mind?" Alex asked me once Julie had the garage. I nodded my head and the boy immediately pulled me into a hug.

"So, what's your unfinished business?" Reggie asked.

"I'd rather not say." I told them. "But I've got it covered. We just need to get you booked in at the Orpheum." The boys smiled and Reggie and Alex looked at each other.

"We're gonna go... for a walk." Alex told me and Luke before they both poofed out.

"So, what made you change your mind?" Luke asked me.

"Flynn did." I admitted. "She made me realise that Julie isn't the only one who needs to let go. I have to let go of her too. Even if that means crossing over." Luke nodded.

"I'm sorry... about what I said. I never should've-"

"It's okay." I insisted.

"No, it's not. I don't know what I would've done if someone had have said that to me."

"Well, I'm sorry too." I said. "The Caleb thing wasn't your fault. We all wanted to go and see him."

"So, we good?"

"We're good." I smiled.

"Thank god." Alex sighed with relief as he and Reggie poofed back in.

"Were you two listening the whole time?" I asked them.

"Uh, yes." Reggie admitted, making me laugh as I looked up Luke's green eyes.

***

"Look, don't worry, guys. Willie said he'd get us on that marquee." Alex told us.

"This is gonna work, right?" Reggie asked.

"It has to." Luke said before we were all jolted underneath the Orpheum.

"Hey, you guys okay?" Willie asked us from behind. We turned to face him as we groaned.

"Yeah, it's nothing we haven't felt before." Alex told him. "How'd it go?"

"Well, when that opening band wakes up, they're gonna find their bus 200 miles outside of Vegas with no chance of getting it back in time." Willie smiled.

"And that means there's probably a promoter upstairs right about now, freaking out." Luke smiled.

"Nah. This is Hollywood, man. I'm sure he's being very professional." Willie said. Alex then cleared his throat and took a step forward to Willie. That's when I grabbed Reggie and Luke and pulled them away so the others could talk privately.

"Oh, that hurt." Reggie claimed.

"Good." I smiled. "That'll teach you to respect boundaries."

"You know, you are a lot like Julie." Luke told me, making me smile on and look to the floor. I then looked back up to see Alex pull Willie into a tight hug before Willie skated off.

"Are you okay?" I asked Alex as we approached him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm okay." Alex said.

"Well, thanks to Willie, Panic! At The Disco needs an opening band." Luke smiled.

"Then I guess someone up there needs to know we're available."

***

"Stop saying the bus drove itself!" A man behind a desk shouted into his phone as we entered the office.

"Willie was right. That guys a total pro." Reggie said.

"Alright, let's make the magic happen." Luke told us. "Alex, no dancing." Alex didn't listen though. He began to dance his way over to woman's death before twirling and knocking her pencils into the floor, only for her to bend down and pick them up. I then wrote down Julie's phone number on a pad and Alex got up their Edge of Great on the computer.

The woman looked at the computer and the video began to play. "Tasha. Get me CJ and tell him I need a band to open in three hours." The man said.

"Sure, but you mind want to check this out." Tasha smiled. "Somehow this video started playing on my laptop." The man then approached the woman and he watched several seconds of the video before nodded. "It's got half a million hits in just two days.

"Who are they?"

"They're a hologram band. They call themselves Julie and the Phantoms."

"Tell your friends." Reggie smiled.

"Where are they located?"

"Our very own City of Angels."

"Book 'em!" The man exclaimed.

"Yes!" Me and the boys grinned.

"Alright, I just don't-" The woman began before she noticed the number I had written in the pad.

"Your handwritings way better than mine." Luke frowned.

***

We poofed into the garage to find Julie pacing. "Oh, my god! What took you guys so long? Did Willie do it?" She questioned. "Did you talk to them? Did they watch the video? Did they like us? Are we playing? Can someone answer me? Why is nobody saying anything?"

"That's a lot of questions." Reggie said. "Luke, you wanna take this one?"

"Take a seat." Luke told Julie who immediately sat down. "It's fine. Everything's fine."

"Yeah, you should be getting a call right... now!" Alex exclaimed but nothing happened. "Okay... right... now!" Julie's phone then began to ring.

"Yeah!" Julie then screamed as we all jumped up and started to dance.

"Answer it!" Luke said.

"Oh." Julie said before asserting the call on speaker. "Hello?"

"Hi, this is Tasha from the Orpheum in Hollywood. Is this Julie from Julie and the Phantoms?

"Yes, it is." Julie said as we all continued to dance around.

"Are you available to open for us, tonight?"

"Yeah, totally! Thank you so much. See you then." Julie smiled before hanging up the phone. "We're playing the Orpheum!"