96. Article

Harry Styles' new single "Sweet Creature" is about girlfriend Barbara Palvin?

Harry Styles is the gift that keeps on giving. Just a few weeks before the debut of his solo, self-titled album on May 12, Styles released "Sweet Creature," which is track five on the upcoming record. With a soothing, sweet acoustic vibe and lyrics to match, it's safe to say fans are losing it. It's different thematically, too. His prior release "Sign of the Times" is about childbirth (and is crushing the charts), but, given the sentimental "Sweet Creature" lyrics, it's safe to wonder: Is it about long time girlfriend Barbara Palvin?

Since Harry Styles released Sweet Creature fans can't help but create conspiracies about who is dedicated too, and all points that it is about his girlfriend, the Victoria's Secret angel Barbara Palvin due to the lyrics.

"Sweet Creature" seems to be an ode to a present love who Styles feels kind of distant. The opening lyrics read: "Had another talk about where it's going wrong/We're still young/We don't know where we're going/But we know where we belong." Regardless of the stubbornness and fighting, this person is his home. "We started/Two hearts in one home... Wherever I go, you bring me home," following lyrics read.

When asked if that person "Sweet Creature" is about knows it, Styles said that she did and in fact she loves it.

"I think it's important to remember is it's not always necessarily the first thing that you might think of but I obviously would never tell someone that what they thought was wrong," he continued.

"I think the best thing about music is everyone can take away different things from stuff and that's not wrong, there's not really a wrong answer. I feel like a lot of my favorite songs that mean something to me, I'd be disappointed if someone told me that they were about something else. It might ruin the song for me. 'Sweet Creature' is definitely about one person, but I think it's important to remember that there's many different types of things that could be about."

Elsewhere in the interview, Styles explained that "Sweet Creature" had been the first song he wrote for this new album of and overall he entered the project knowing he wanted to present an honest version of himself.

Knowing that "Sweet Creature" was the first song he wrote only made fans believe more that the song is about Palvin, thinking that he wrote it when they started living together.

Although neither Styles or Palvin had confirmed or denied anything the fans keep faithful to their theories.