9. Mall Rats

Saturday was finally here which meant hanging with Mikey, Pete and Patrick for the day! We had decided to go to the mall and just hang at the food court since none of us had much money in the first place. Pete was picking up Mikey and I, while Patrick was getting a ride from Joe who worked at Hottopic in the mall. It's nice having friends who can actually drive, or at least have cars. Cause I can drive, I just have no car.

Mikey: You want to come over before we head to the mall?

Y/n/n: Sure!

I grab some shoes since I had already gotten ready for the day and head over to Mikey's. The walk is short and nice, the weather is like perfect out today. I walk up to the door and knock, Mikey better open up.

"Uh Hey," Gerard said standing in the open doorway.

"Hey." We stood there awkwardly for a moment. Clearly neither of us expected to see each other so soon.

"Do you want to come in?" He asked, he sounded unsure. I felt unsure.

"Yeah," I walked in and stepped to the side of him. We looked at each other for a moment. It looked like he wanted to say something.

"Y/n! You're here," Mikey said walking down the stairs. I turned from Gerard. Why is this all so awkward. UGHHHHHH!

"Hey Mikey," I looked at him and sent him a smile.

"Want to play video games till Pete gets here?" He asked as he went into the kitchen.

"Sure," I looked up at Gerard and he sent me an awkward smile.

"Have fun," He turned and walked away back toward his room. This is so weird, why do I feel bad. Did he think I was here to hang with him?

"You ready?" Mikey asked, coming out of the kitchen with two cokes and some chips.

"Yeah," I smiled and followed him into the living room. We played some Smash Bros. for a little while till Pete texted us he was here. The drive to the mall was fun, we had music blasting and were singing way too loud. Some guy in the car next to us stared at us at a red light. It was funny, Pete waved and sped off the minute the light turned green. He's a bit of a reckless driver. But a ride is a ride.

We parked pretty close to the front of the mall and saw that Patrick was sitting on a bench waiting for us, Joe must have started work early.

"Hey 'Trick!" I yelled as we walked up to the mall, Patrick jumped slightly before looking up at us.

"Why do you always feel the need to scare me?" He asked, getting up as we got to him. I just shrugged and laughed before giving him a hug.

"Hey loser, is Joe already at work?" Pete asked giving Patrick a hug too.

"Yeah he made us get here like 15 minutes ago so he could start early so he can hang with us later."

"How nice of him," I smiled as we started to walk into the mall.

"Nice? He made me wait out here for you guys for like 15 minutes all alone!" Patrick complained, Mikey just pat him on the shoulder to show his condolences.

As we head inside the mall and we go straight to the food court to grab some lunch and hang out. After a while we went and bothered Joe in Hot Topic and even walked into Box Lunch for a bit so see their nerdy stuff.

~

At around 7 we figured it was time to leave the mall since Joe was now off and we were all tired. So we got our stuff and headed out and said our goodbyes before getting in the cars and leaving.