14.What is Normal

Everything feels wrong. Well school specifically. School feels different again. Well, not actually again. Last week I felt off. Now it's school that feels off. Like I'm not supposed to be here. I just had a supernatural experience with my best friend's older brother who is a vampire, and now I'm back to this normal ass boring routine that is school? That's messed up.

I sit at the dining room table staring into space as I realize how all the normal things in life are now boring. Gerard could be half way across the world in like an hour yet he's here finishing up high school with me. He could be out committing vigilante justice yet he is so soft and just hangs with his friends and his brother. Everything is so different now. I wonder if Gerard would ever consider turning his brother too, or anyone else really? A car horn disrupts my thoughts and I get up mechanically, grab my backpack and head out to the Way's car.

"Hey boys," I greet as I get in the car.

"Hey Y/n," Gerard says from the driver's seat.

"Hey," Mikey mumbles. His nose in a comic book.

"I don't understand how you can read in a moving car, Mikes." I say as we pull away from my house.

"It's not too bad." He replies not even bothering to look away from the comic. We ride the rest of the way to school in silence. I feel awkward in the back seat. Especially after having sat next to Gerard on Friday. Getting to school we all head to our lockers in silence. I wonder if they feel the weirdness too. But the silence goes away once Frank and Ray show up. Well the silence with them. I don't really say much or add to the conversation. It feels wrong to be here at school now. Is this how Bella felt after Edward dumped her and she had to go back to a normal life with no vampires? It all feels so weird and almost pointless. Like without the incredible fantasy world, why even bother with normal life?

Gerard and I head to English when the time comes and just sit awkwardly next to each other.

"Is everything alright, Y/n?" Gerard asks quietly, leaning over to me.

"Uhh yea.... And no." I turn to face him better, leaning in as well. "Isn't this weird? Like you are... ya know. And that's like fucking supernatural and here we are in class? Like its a regular fucking day and you aren't actually magic?" I said slightly frustrated with the whole situation.

"Uh well, I'm not magic," Gerard said with a smile and laughter in his eyes.

"You know what I hecking mean Gee." I said punching his arm.

"Ow," He pouted at me but I just glared. "Alright, I get it. It's weird for you cause it's new to you. I've been living this for months now. I'm just trying to be normal and act like I'm not different."

"But you are and it's so cool!" Gerard glared at me, "Okay so like not cool for you, but like totally magical and unbelievable and how are you even real kind of cool." I said.

"Are you two flirting?"

"Fuck off Jeremy," I turn to the boy sitting two seats in front of me, flipping him off with out missing a beat.

"Sorry, geez" He turned away with his hands up trying to make peace.

I roll my eyes and turn back to Gerard who was looking down at his desk, his hair covering his face.

"Uh maybe we shouldn't talk about this at school," he said quietly.

"Yeah, you're, you're right." I turned back and looked at my books. Way to go Jeremy, making us feel awkward as fuck now. I glance over at Gerard but he's on his phone now as we wait for class to start. Why did Jeremy have to go and pull the flirting card. Can't a boy and a girl just be friends? Ughhhhh.

The rest of class went by normally, Gerard and I walked together to choir after our second class. It wasn't awkward which was nice. Whatever fuckin Jeremy did that made us awkward as fuck finally wore off. After choir Gerard walked me to Math where we met Mikey outside and chatted for a bit before Gee left us for Art.

"So... You and Gee are getting along pretty well." Mikey said as we sat down.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice." I smile at him as I take out my stuff.

"That's good. I'm glad my two best friends are finally getting along again."

I laugh, "Yeah it's nice." Math went by pretty quick which was nice. Lunch came and Mikey left me to go sit with Gerard, Ray and Frank. I walked the opposite way to sit with Kristin and the gravity prone boys, well Patrick specifically falls a lot so he wants to tie that into their band name once they finally have more than 4 songs.

"Hey loser!" Pete yelled at me, I just flipped him off.

"Hey friends," I said, taking a seat next to Patrick and Kristin. We all chat for a little while about school before Pete asks about our weekend.

"Oh Mikey and I saw a movie and got dinner," Kristin offered.

"OOOOOOOOooooo!!!" Patrick started and leaned over me to give Kristin a look.

"It wasn't a date Patrick, relax." She said looking away blushing.

"It's true, but it definitely felt like one since Gerard and I dropped them off at the mall. Annnd cause Gerard and all of us kind of forced them to hang out. " I laughed, bumping my shoulder against Kristin's.

"You and Gerard are hanging out on the weekend now?" Pete raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, we are actually friends again Pete." I rolled my eyes.

"Interesting." Pete stroked his chin like he had a beard.

"That's cool, bet Mikey is happy." Andy said not looking up from his phone.

"Yeah, he is."

"Are you happy about it?" Patrick asked. I looked at him a bit confused.

"Yeah..... I am. It's nice. Like old times." I shrugged and went back to eating.

"Yeah they went to the comic shop on Friday. They're just being nerds together again." Kristin giggled.

"Cute," Pete said grabbing a rice crispy treat from Joe's lunch.

"Why dude? Why?" Joe said, pulling another one out of his backpack.

"What the fuck?" Patrick and I said as we watched Joe get a second treat.

"I come prepared now," He shrugged, holding the treat away from Pete so he couldn't snatch it from him. We all ended up laughing at Joe but mostly Pete cause Pete was still trying to get the other rice crispy treat from him.

The rest of the day went by normally. I guess I didn't need to feel like school was off. It doesn't feel wrong but it also seems so mundane now. I guess that's how Gerard has always felt. Except he just wants to fit in and not be magical, whereas I welcome the magic so I'm not stuck with this normal boring human life.