*Graduation*

Charlie's POV

The seniors have been out of school for about a week now. I haven't seen my friends much since we have all been getting ready for what our adult life with turn into.

Graduation is today. I stood in front of the mirror in my lower thigh length, flowy, white dress. My dark blue cap and gown sat in my arm as I stared at myself in the mirror.

I smiled at my reflection. My hair was in a slight wave. I had on light makeup so it still showed off my other features. I had ditched my big glasses for contacts which showed off my brown eyes.

    "We did it Charlie." Laura said walking up behind me, Mike following behind. I stared at my best friends through the mirror and smiled.

    "Who knew this idiot could graduate." I said ruffling Mike's hair. He huffed and began fixing it while Laura giggled.

    "I don't think any of us knew that would happen." Laura said giggling more. I joined in which made another huff leave my best friends mouth.

    "You guys are mean." Mike said pouting. We smiled at him and both side hugged him. He leaned down and kissed both of our foreheads and smiled at our reflection.

    "We love you Mikey." I smiled up at him. He just rolled his eyes, a smile played on his lips.

   "Come on, let's get to the school so we aren't late." Mike said pulling back.

*************************************

    The school was pretty much empty when we had arrived. Seniors had lined the choir room where we all had to stand and wait. I currently stood next to Derek Marten and Layla Day, the Valedictorian and number three. Derek was one hundred percent the smartest kid in our school. He kept a 4.0 the his whole high school time.

Derek and I weren't really friends but we were acquaintances. We would occasionally work together on assignments or he would help me on some. He was the person I had to walk with.

I looked over at the clock on the wall with an eerie look. Only twenty minutes left.

*************************************

Twenty minutes had changed into twenty seconds faster than I had anticipated. I stood facing the door to the gymnasium, waiting for the sound of our walking song to play and the doors to open.

Come on Charlie. You got this. You have been practicing this for a few days now. Just don't trip and embarrass yourself and you will be good.

Before I even noticed the doors opened and the song we had chosen began to play. With a simple nod I began walking forward, stepping into the gymnasium. A wave of heat hit me but I kept going. Once I made it to the end of the isle I turned and faced a smiley faces Derek. We both began walking towards each other.

We met in the middle and locked our arms and made our way towards the front of the gym where the stage sat. We made it to our row of seats and smiled at each other. We separated, me going to the right and him going to the left.

    The way that the people gathered in I ended up sitting next to Austin, with Laura and Mike sitting behind us. The whole time Austin kept saying small jokes to make me a little less nervous.