Forbbiden (y/n)

From: tumblr.

Credits: https://90sbrianmay.tumblr.com/

Summary: Asking your mother if you could meet your biological father didn't seem like such a bad idea at first...until he turned out to be Brian May. Rock legend, activist, astrophysicist...best friend and bandmate of your celebrity crush.

"Are...you sure?" Brian almost whispered, looking between you and your mum.

"Positive," your mum confirms, throwing her arm around you to place her hand over the one you had on your own bicep, "She might be a spitting image of me, but I certainly don't have the brains to build my own guitar."

Well, what a way to spend your 21st birthday.

~~~

Los Angeles, 1995

It's been a little over two years since your life took a sharp right turn. You had no idea what you'd been getting yourself into when you asked your mum who your real father was, and you certainly didn't expect the answer you got. Brian—er, your dad—needed just as much convincing as you did, but with a little jam session after showing off the guitar you'd built yourself, there was an instant connection. Before you even knew it, two years of catching up flew by and now you were standing in a hotel room, waiting to accompany Brian May as his plus one to an awards show.

You turned around in the mirror maybe twenty times. Maybe you were trying a little too hard. The floor-length dress was nothing too extravagant, being plain black and all. However, the slit that ran all the way up your thigh and the tiny straps that barely help up your v-neck had said otherwise. Sure, you would be your dad's plus-one, but you had hundreds of cameras to impress. And one man.

"Y/N, are you nice?" Brian's voice called following a knock on the door.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a moment!" You called back, scrambling to gather your belongings. After another swipe of your cherry red lipstick, you threw the tube in your clutch and ran out the door.

"Oh, wow," Brian gaped at you for a moment.

"Is it too much?"

"No! You really do look exactly like your mother," he smiled sweetly at you, sticking out his elbow for you to wrap your arm around, "Shall we?"

The two of you made your way down the hall towards the elevators. You took a deep breath with every few steps, preparing yourself for the flashes that awaited outside. That was something you'd probably never get used to, but you could handle it for the time being. Brian had let go of your arm as you stepped into the elevators, offering a quick side hug with a kiss to the top of your head as the doors closed.

"Wait a minute!" A familiar voice called, and none other than Roger Taylor had slipped through the doors.

If you couldn't get used to the cameras, you didn't know what you'd do with this feeling. Every time he was even in the same room as you, your breath would catch in the back of your throat. God, he just had to be so irresistible, didn't he?

"Ah, Y/N, looking lovely as always," Roger shot you a smile before giving you a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you. You look quite good yourself," you beamed back at him, gazing up and down at his suit; his black jacket left unbuttoned to match with the top three buttons of his dress shirt.

Fuck. You could keep your cool around him by this point—on the outside, at least. On the inside? Oh, every part of you was burning up. All the energy it took for you to keep a straight face left little to keep the butterflies at bay. You didn't exactly want to feel this, but you couldn't help it. In school, you seemed to be the only friend of the group with a thing for Roger. Your friends couldn't help but fawn for Brian and you never understood why (until now, of course), and their teasing seemed to push your crush to its limits. But never, never, did you think you'd end up like this. The universe almost seemed to put you in just the right place to make your move, so you did. Though it only remained playful, stemming from your jokes about how you were the only one to not find Brian attractive, but always had an eye for blonds.