Chapter 4

I woke up with a yawn and as usual the warmth of the sun on my face. I got up and went about my business in the bathroom. I stepped out and made breakfast for mom and I. While I was setting the table mom came down with beautiful smile on her face,

"Someone looks happy!" I sang

"And someone made a mouthwatering breakfast!" she sang back and sniffed.

"Now care to take your seat on my humble table, mademoiselle"  I said in a heavy french accent and bowed.

"Mon plaisir" she replied and took a seat.

I served her breakfast and we burst into laughter. For some reason, after yesterday's event I feel kind of lifted up and the smile and mom's cheerful character increased it.
After we calmed down, we ate breakfast as we made some small talks about something and nothing.

"And did I hear you well yesterday?" She suddenly asked.

"Hear what?"

"The thing about a job?" She raised her eyebrows.

I sighed, here we go again when I thought that I was saved from this situation yesterday.

"Oh that. So yeah, you heard it, well, you approved it and made a recommendation" I replied hurriedly but making sure she got every word I said.

"I know. It's just that I don't want you to feel pressured. I've got enough money and-"

"Mom I know and I get where you're coming from" I cut her off " but I just want to do something helpful, something....good" I shrugged after a moment of searching for the right word.

Her face morphed into a sad frown,  "Fine if you say so" she sighed.

"And I say so and thanks for being concerned" I smiled.

She smiled back and held my hand across the table " I'll always be concerned"

I changed my clothes and went out to look for a job after breakfast. Mom went over to a friend's to bake and enjoy some quality time. Actually, I didn't have a job or whatever that I wanted to do but as I walked through the streets glancing about, I saw a poster on a wall of some wooden building of some sort. It looked like a big dog house but also like an abandoned tree house.

I wondered why I hadn't noticed it before since I used to walk on these same streets to school not long ago. Then again, whenever I was walking to school, my mind was so occupied and wandering about that I hardly take notice of my surroundings.

I moved closer to the poster and read what was on it.

'Employees needed in a new restaurant up street. Interested people should visit the restaurant.
DEADLINE IS THE 10TH OF SEPTEMBER AND AN INTERVIEW MIGHT BE REQUIRED' It read. Simple, short and clear.

That must be the restaurant mom was talking about. I crossed my arms on my chest amd read for a second time, now that I think of it, I love cooking and basically anything related to the kitchen and food and today was the 8th of September meaning I still had an opportunity, this might just be right job for me. I wrote down the address below the information and hurried over to the restaurant.

I reached with a sweaty body and breath coming in short pants with a drastic need for water. I wiped the sweat on my face with the edge of the right sleeve of the long sleeve shirt I was wearing. Lucky for me, it was gray so it didn't really leave a stain. I rolled the sleeves over to my elbow, straightened up and took deep breaths to calm down.

The restaurant wasn't so hard to find as it stood right on the open street and it also looked kind of out of place with it massive storey structure and a  massive banner with an open soon wording on it. The restaurant didn't look too expensive neither too might I say, cheap. I took another deep breath and entered. Lets do this. The interior of the restaurant looked very beautiful indeed much more beautiful than I had seen through its glass doors and windows. A tall dark man who was standing by a table occupied by three men in expensive suit started walking towards me with a smile which looked genuine but fake at the same time.