Chapter 7

*Elijah's POV*

I sat silently next to Colton in Della's room watching her chest go up an down soundly. 

I could feel her inside me, she was still alive and she was slowly waking. Della abruptly gasped for a huge load of air and sat up, facing the doorway in front of her.  Hey eyes danced around the room and slowly to Colton then quickly to me. Confusion soared across her features before a familiar feel took its place in her. 

"What's he doing here!?" She exclaimed loudly. 

****

After Colton gave a big speech on how I was in the hospital, the doctors came in and said that she was to be discharged soon. 

Shortly after, a doctor came in through the door slowly.

"Okay guys, you're all free to go now. Just make sure she takes these pain killers for her arm each day for the next two days and she will be fine." She said to Colton and myself while Della was packing her bag. 

We all decided to go to the barbers and sort my hair out properly and dye it so that I could not be be recognized by lab officials who were currently patrolling the city looking for me. 

I decided on a trim and a dye of black all over.

****

When my hair had been sorted out me and Della headed to the clothes shops, and boy has it changed since I last wore clothes that weren't given to be by psychos.

Me and Della shared an awkward silence that was still to be filled on the way to the first shop. 

"How did you know i was in trouble?" She spoke up quickly. It took me by surprise. 

Still fumbling slightly over my words," I felt it within me, I can feel your emotions and if you're in pain" I replied. 

"So is it true that I'm meant to be your... lover?" She questioned. "What if I don't want to be?"

I could feel the start of tears prickling my eyes. "You don't have to be. That part is called rejection and it hurts like hell. Both of us will be in agony for a few days, me more so." She seemed to take this in and analyze it within her head for a few seconds. 

"I need some more time to get my head around this. Let's go and get some food." With that she walked off, a long purposeful stride, towards the food court.

****

Once we sat down, a waitress came over. I could feel her eyes staring at me. Della visibly got annoyed quickly as she was trying to order but wasn't being listened to. 

"Okay, listen here you cow. That is my boyfriend you're trying to put your filthy paws on. I don't want him getting herpes from your hands so I suggest you back the fuck off and take my order as I have been trying to tell you it for the past 3 minutes." Della stood and said in a strict voice.  

Wow... nobody was expecting that. I'm even a little turned on after that, she's feisty. Everybody in our section of the dining bit was staring at the scene and now watching the waitress try to calm her bright red face down, she looked on the verge of tears. 

Once we ordered, the waitress scampered off like a scared mouse. 

EDITED