Chapter 8

*Della's POV*

We entered the small apartment I was renting.

I could see his eyes scanning every little detail.

"Would you like anything to drink?" I asked.

"N-no thanks"

"Okay, how about we chill on the couch?" He nodded.

I sat but he looked hesitant. Thought clouding his vision. 

"Come, make yourself at home. I feel as though you might be here for a while." I said while picking up the remote for the TV and checking the channels.

He jumped on the sofa and moved me so that he was laying across my whole body He snuggled down and watched as the screen moved to different thumbnails for films. I decided on a horror. Butterflies made their way to my stomach as I  thought about the position we were in. He was certainly very forward. 

****

It was halfway through 'insidious' and Elijah was hiding under my shirt. My face was bright red. I could feel his breathing heavier by the minute. 

When he finally put his head back on my stomach- on top of my shirt- the movie finished and i went to get up. A low growl could be heard from the back of his throat. 

"Elijah! I need to get up."

"No." His voice held authority but I wasn't going to back down.

"Oi you big lump, move your ass" I tried to push him off me. 

He growled louder this time. His eyes glowing. By this point I was incredibly annoyed, he had only been in my apartment for 3 hours and is already being a shit house guest.

"You better move or I will cut your ballocks off and feed them to you for dinner."

He finally realized what he was doing and got off me, watching me stand up rushing into my bedroom and locking the door behind me. A small whine could be heard from the other side. He walked closer to the door and a loud thump was heard as he slid down the door to the floor. 

"I am not leaving 'till you come out" He told me through the wood. "I'm sorry Della... my wolf took over. I felt like you...you were trying to get away from me and I only just got you."

It was crazy the amount this mate thing had on him and me but I was not going to back down so I said nothing and slumped on the floor where I eventually fell asleep. 

The whole world around me was dark. Sounds of shouting and echoes filled my ears. The voices that haunted my past. The humans that had killed my brother. Richard and Morrie Lopez. My parents. 

Everything soon came into focus. I was slumped on the floor by the fridge in the tiny house I lived in as a child, liquid...blood was running down my face from my nose and a huge burning cut in my forehead. I almost whimpered from the pain. Footsteps are what made my head turn, there stood in front of me were Richard and Morrie. I don't ,and haven't since this day, referred to them as mom and dad because they never were parents to us, they never earned the title of mum and dad to me my brother or my sister. I was the eldest of the three, me at the time being 14, my sister 10 ,and my brother 6. 

This is the only day in that house that haunted my dreams every night. The day my brother got murdered. 

It all seemed to happen so quick yet so slow. A large axe was bought out from a cupboard, my brother runs in, axe is swung by Richard and blood gushes everywhere- all over myself. 

It is the same thing every night. Axe, brother, swing, blood.                                                                                                                                                Axe, brother, swing, blood.                                                                                                                                                Axe, brother, swing, blood.

I watch it all every night. The head of him falling to the ground. Blood spraying. My sister cowering in the corner. 

EDITED