The secret room

It had been a week and Ron was presumed dead and Hermione tried to carry on a friendship with Harry but she was too heartbroken to try for long. She stopped studying from what Harry could tell and had bags under her eyes constantly. She didn't talk to anyone either. Harry wouldn't be suprised if she never tried to talk to him again. Tom and Harry spent time together, Harry trying to keep up his facade of caring that Weasley was dead.

"Finally joined the right side, Potter?" Draco  said with a smirk. Harry glared at him but Tom kicked him under the table as if to say 'play nice Harry'.

"Well, I guess we could be friends if you wanted." Harry said, taking a sip of pumpkin juice out of his challace. Harry was only annoyed out of sentiment he supposed. Draco had been horrible to him in the past but Harry would have to get past that. Draco obliged. A lot of other slytherin's glared at Harry but when he offered Draco his friendship they softened up a bit. Harry and Tom acted as if they had only just started becoming friends.

Harry looked up at Dumbledore who was also looking at him. He looked annoyed. Harry wanted to see what he was thinking. Perhaps he was worried about his plan.

"What's wrong, Harry?" Tom asked him. Harry turned to him and mouthed 'Dumbledore' and Tom looked up to see Dumbledore looking absolutely mad. Tom laughed a loud laugh and Harry cleared his throat. Everyone stared at Tom, wondering what he found so funny. "I've never seen him so mad. Just because you are not a Gryffindor anymore."

"Stupid Dumbledore doesn't know the next thing about the four houses. Slytherin is the best." Draco said, looking at him. He wasn't looking T Harry anymore but still looked angry. "He does look rather mad, doesn't he?"

Tom got himself under control and finished his meal. He excused himself and even though Harry wasn't finished he got up and followed him. Tom smirked at him but felt glad that Harry was wondering what he was doing.

"Where are we going?" Harry asked Tom. Tom said they were going to the room of requirements but Harry didn't know what that meant. Tom walked to a bare stretch of wall. Harry stood curiously watching him keeping a small distance. Tom paced and Harry was about to ask him what he was doing when a door appeared.

"What -" Harry was stopped by Tom's hand grabbing his wrist and pulling him through the door. The room was big with a fireplace and a faux leather sofa by it.  There were book cases lined to the brim with books. Harry was amazed by this room. "How?"

"This is the room of requirements. The room changes to be what you need it to be. I need a room you and I can come to and discuss plans or spend some time together." Tom told Harry. "We need to talk about living arrangements. I will not have you living with that family of yours anymore."

Harry sighed at Tom. The reality was he was most likely going to be forced to live with his abusive family during the summer. Harry thought about the way he wore the red shade almost all the time at home, and his skeleton was his armour.

"You can't go back." Tom said, resting his head on Harry's shoulder nonchalantly. Harry's face turned pink. Why did Tom care about him? Harry felt his stomach do flips. "We should both hide here."

"As much as I want to, Tom, it will evoke suspicion. I have already changed houses to Slytherin. No, I should go back. But I will write to you and we can meet up." Tom wanted to protest, but he couldn't help but agree with Harry. Tom sat his head up and looked at Harry.

"Why are you blushing?" Tom asked him. Harry looked away and narrowed his eyes as if trying to focus on getting rid of it. Tom smirked and turned Harry's head to face him. "You look cute like that."

"Stop it, I'm not cute. Only weak people can be cute." Harry remarked back, his face going an even deeper shade of red. Tom leaned in and kissed him again. Harry gasped into the kiss. It took a moment for him to relax into it. What was Tom to him? Was he more than just his best friend?

AN - please leave a comment if you enjoyed this chapter!