The week alone

"I don't want to go back, Tom." Harry said as they stood in the room of requirements at  nine in the morning. Snape had decided to send the students home for the week. Tom put his hand on Harry's shoulder and smiled sadly. Tom didn't want Harry to go back either but they had little choice in the matter. "I can't even owl you."

"I know, you'll be alright. If they hurt you I'll hurt them. The train will leave soon. I'll be here waiting for you." Tom said, kissing Harry on the forehead. Harry smiled at Tom but his eyes held a sadness in them. He hoped that Tom was right, that he would be okay. He wished he could stand up to them. Harry left with a final goodbye to Tom. It was boring on the train without being able to talk to Tom. He sat in a carriage with Hermione who looked blankly ahead of herself. She looked lost and empty. Harry didn't quite know what was wrong with her and after half an hour of dead staring, he had finally had enough of wondering silently.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked her. He couldn't have her acting so suspiciously. 

"I have no command, master. I am lost without purpose." Hermione replied, looking at Harry. 

"Oh, alright then. Hmm.. Hermione, I want you to act normal at home, like you still are whole, okay? Also I want you to experiment in other torture methods in case my uncle tries anything. I'm sure Tom could sort out a way of doing it without anyone knowing." He said to her. Suddenly Hermione sprung into gear, opening one of her many of books in her bag and reading. 

"I'll go to Knockturn Ally on the way home, master." She said as she read. Much better Harry thought. Sure, this week was going to be bad but at least it wasn't longer than a week. Vernon wasn't at the station to pick Harry up so Harry had to get on a train without paying again since he only had wizard money on him. When Harry got back he rang the door bell a very worn looking Vernon opened the door and shoved Harry in his cupboard, locking the door. Harry could hear Dudley's and Petunia's whimpers. Harry wanted to open the door but he couldn't. He wished that Tom was there with him to make him feel stronger. 

"Potter... did you send that.. that beast over?" Vernon said hours later in an exasperated voice. Harry looked at him. What was going on with them now?

"What?" Harry replied, his heart beginning to race in his chest although he showed no sign of that in his features. He knew he was about to get hurt but he didn't.

"You will pay for this. You have no idea what we went through!" Vernon said, tears streaming down his face and his expression was one of pure rage. 

He pulled out a knife and stabbed Harry violently in the stomach. Harry put his hands instinctively over it as Vernon thrusted the knife in. Blood was everywhere now, covering his hands and spilling to the floor. Harry went into shock, his eyes wide and his mouth agape. He was unsure of what to do and how to react. He was too shocked to even feel the pain for a moment, but soon it was overtaking him. He tried to push Vernon away but Vernon simply thrust the knife into him again, ripping it out. Harry was losing a lot of blood and felt the fear shine in his eyes. He didn't want to die. He wanted to be with Tom. He began choking, thick strands of blood and bile coming out of his mouth and falling to the ground. Harry began to feel his conscious slipping away from him as his uncle stabbed him all over his body, completely crazed like a mad man, before leaving him to die alone in the cupboard. 

'I don't want to leave you, Tom', was Harry's last thought before darkness overtook him.

AN - Please leave a comment if you enjoyed!