Chapter 6

Hayden's POV:

"What is going on in here?" Everyone suddenly went quiet and turned towards me. My mate and son both looked furious while little Lana has tears streaming down her face. Now I wish I didn't come home so soon maybe I would have missed the drama.

"I..I'm so..sorry. I didn't mean to.. to make trouble" the little girl gets out between tears and hiccups. While Eli pulls her closer to him and gives his mom 'the mad look'.

I quickly bend down infront of her en softly tell her "it's okay sweetie, you're not in trouble. Lila and I are going outside to talk, we'll be back in a few minutes". With that said I stood back up and led my mate outside.

"What happened baby?" I can see the frustrated look on her face and I take her hand in my own and rub circles on her knuckles. "Uhg... I don't want to be the bad guy, but I told them they can't sleep in the same room and they lost it. I really didn't think our mate, relationship, sleepover whatever you want to call it speech would be given this soon."

I just keep rubbing her knuckles while she ramble. "He is our baby boy, why does he have to grow up so fast. And they were apart for bathtime and she seemed fine but the refuse to leave each other alone. He was even feeding her, our six year old baby. I'm not ready for the mate speech."

When she is done with her rambling she falls into my embrace and I just hold her for a few seconds until she feels better, thinking about everything she said... Mate speech? Feeding her?

"Baby they are going to be fine, everything is going to be fine. We are going to take it day by day. We can give them the speech tomorrow? As for tonight we can make some compromises for them on the sleeping arrangements and then figure everything out tomorrow, it's getting late. And he will always be your baby boy. Alana seems like a nice girl." I pull her back to me and give her a kiss on the forehead.

"I love you, baby. Now come on let's go figure out the sleeping arrangements." With that said I gently pull her back to the room and open the door.

With the light coming from the hallway shining onto the bed we can see the two pups already in bed cuddled up and asleep.

They are both semi facing each other, little Lana has her head on Eli's shoulder chest area. Eli has his arms wrapped tightly around her small body, like if he let's go of her she might disappear. Eli's head is buried deep inside her long black hair.

I look to the side to see my mate with an involuntary smile on her face, deep in thought. I leave the room quickly to go get a juice box to put on Eli's nightstand like we do every night just in case he gets thirsty.

When I get back to the room I see my mate standing next to the bed leaning over and giving both the pups goodnight kisses on the forehead. I put the juice box down and do the same and lead my mate quietly out of the room.

Always give your kids goodnight kisses it doesn't matter if they are awake or asleep.

With that we get ready for bed ourselves with everything that happened during the day going through our minds. And thinking of what the future holds for everyone.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Wow finally the end of the day!