Chapter 10

Sorry guys, a little time jump ahead.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Alana's POV:

Today is my sixth birthday! I am so excited. Mommy and daddy is throwing me a big birthday party. Yes, I started calling Caleb and Sophia, mommy and daddy a few months after moving in with them. The first time it just accidentally slipped out.

Caleb was tickling me and I didn't even realize I said 'daddy stop!' He abruptly stopped and that's when I realized what I said but he looked so happy so I just continued calling him daddy and I saw that it bothered Sophia when I only called Caleb daddy so I started calling her mommy too. The first time she cried, she can be very emotional sometimes.

Back to my party. Mommy and daddy said a special girl like me deserves a special party. The invited everyone. I've made some friends of my own, and Lijah and the boys allow us all to join their sleepovers. I quickly got tired of it always just being me and the boys.

The first friend I made was Mila, she is the twin's sister, she is the only friend my own age since I'm in a class full of older pups. Nina, and Jessie are my other friends, they are both in my class, and they are sooo nice.

Besides our weekly sleepovers, are Lijah and I almost always at each others houses, he is still my bestest friend. He convinced/blackmailed Alpha HayHay to build a little bridge to connect our windows so now visiting is even easier.

When I got outside I saw people already started arriving. There were balloons everywhere and a bouncy house and everything. Just as I saw Lijah walking up to me I felt someone tap my shoulder.

I turned to see Dan, he was a new boy in our class. Lijah really did not like him, I don't know why because he has always been nice to me. "Happy birthday Alana, I got this for you" I look down to see him holding a present with a nice big bow. Just as I was about to take it and thank him someone tackles him to the ground accidentally knocking me down in the prosses.

Tears fill my eyes as I see blood flowing out of my hand I landed on. "Lijah! Stop. What are you doing?" Zander pulls him off of Dan while my daddy pulls me up. That's when he realizes that I fell as well.

Now tears are freely flowing down my face and I can see regret in in Lijah's eyes, but he ruined my party, and he knew how excited I was for this party. It's my first birthday party ever.

My daddy takes me inside to bandage my hand and help me wash up, he tries to cheer me up by saying "it's not a party if something unplanned or unexpected doesn't happen" but it's definitely not making me feel any better.

"Why? Why would he do that?" He looks deep into my eyes wiping my tears away "I don't know ladybug, your going to have to ask him. Maybe he got a little jealous? It could be a mate bond thing. He would not have hurt you intentionally."

"Stupid mate bond" the words slip out of my mouth, and as soon as I said them I hear something fall at the door "You don't want to be my mate anymore?" I can see the regret in his eyes and how he is struggling to keep his own tears from falling.

"I'll leave you pups to talk for awile" my daddy says, and he makes his way outside. "It was an accident, I didn't mean to get mad. I just wanted to give you my present first. And you know I don't like Dan, he is always extra friendly with you, and he has lots of friends he doesn't need you too, you're mine."

"I understand if you don't want to be my mate anymore, I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruin your party and hurt you" I look up from my bandaged hand and whisper "I still want to be your mate"

He release a big breath he was holding and pull my into a hug whispering 'I'm sorry' I push him away from me "And no more tackling people mister, I know aunty Li said no growling, but I much more prefer you going around growling at people than tackling people"

He gives me a misheavious smile and pulls me into another hug and whispers "I love you, baby girl" I instantly relaxes in his embrace and whisper back "I love you too Lijah" before pushing him back yet again.

"Now what is this tackle worthy present I just had to have first?" I say with a big smile on my face, everything long forgiven and forgotten.

His eyes turn big as he look back to where he dropped it when he entered. He quickly run back to get it and hand it over with a big smile. I open it and I gasp "Lijah, it's beautiful, I love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm never taking it off."

I gently swipe my fingers over the pretty butterfly necklace, it is the perfect gift!

My mommy comes into the house and tells me that most people have arrived, including all my friends

My mommy comes into the house and tells me that most people have arrived, including all my friends. And are waiting outside for 'the birthday girl'. Yes, I pulled the 'you ruined my birthday card', while barely any people have arrived yet.

For the rest of the party I stick to my friends and Lijah and the boys. I did not see Dan again.

When it was time to blow out the candles and everyone sang 'happy birthday' my heart felt complete. I had the perfect family and the perfect friends. I have grown so much since I moved to this pack.

And the whole time while  people sang 'happy birthday' my mommy was crying her eyes out saying "she's growing up so fast".

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡