Chapter 11

Alana's POV:

Lijah has been acting strange all day. Months have passed after my birthday and so far everything has been great, back to normal. But since I saw him this morning I knew something was off.

We walked to school together, but unlike normally he said nothing, just held my hand. And it's been like that the whole school day.

During lunch break, I asked him "penny for your thoughts" because that's what mommy usually tell daddy when he looks deep in thought, and then he tells her any and everything on his mind, so I thought it might work.

But I just heard him silently say after a few seconds "Do you have a penny?" And my face turned into a frown in disgust, I didn't know you had to have a penny, mommy never gives a penny. So I just mumbled a 'No' and looked down.

After a few seconds I looked back up, "But I do have one last cookie left" but he just shook his head, but before I can retrieve the cookie Chubbs grabs it and pops the whole thing in his mouth. I give him, or rather my cookie, a big eye longing look. "I ..ought u dint wan it" he says with a mouth full of cookie.

After school Lijah went straight home saying he had to do homework. I know his lying because we always do homework together after school, but I didn't say anything. I know he is hiding something from me, I just want to know what? He usually tells my everything.

So I had to do my homework all alone. And afterwards I went to play in the gardens. Not much playing in the garden if you ask me more like sitting on the grass poking my fingers in the ground. When Lijah is in a bad mood it makes me feel in a bad mood.

I've been sitting there for a few minutes when I saw Lijah walking to me with a determined look on his face so I jumped up with a big smile. He walked up to me but didn't stop. He kissed me on. the. lips.

He has kissed me before, but never on the lips. Usually it's on the forehead. I just stood there, eyes big. He had an equally shocked look on his face, so he just turns around and runs back to his own house.

I don't know for how long I stood there, frozen in my spot.

Elijah's POV:

Ever since yesterday I couldn't get what the bigger high school kids said out of my mind.

I went to the pack house to see my daddy. Momma sent me to get him because apparently it's his turn to give my baby sister, Belle, a bath.

But when I got to the pack house I bumped into some of the high school kids. They usually had something mean to say about me and Lana. Daddy says to just ignore them because they just do it because they're jealous that I already found my mate and they haven't.

This time they kept saying me and Lana aren't real mates because we don't kiss on the lips like real mates do. One of the older kids even kissed his mate to show me.

I just walked away and acted like they don't bother me, but it did bother me. Were they right? Were mates supposed to kiss on the lips?

So the whole next day, I couldn't get the thought out of my mind. I couldn't focus on anything else. I could see my little angel knew something was wrong and it was bothering her, but she didn't push me too much to tell her what is going on.

So after school I went home and put together all the courage I could and just walked up to her and kissed her on the lips. Her lips was so soft.

I saw her eyes get big, and my eyes got big, and all the courage I had before slipped away so I ran home as fast as I could. Why would I listen to those stupid, stupid high school kids?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

What if she never look me in the eyes again? During the rest of the day, she came knocking on my window a few times but I couldn't open it.

My momma came to my room asking if everything was okay, but I just told her that I'm tired. Of course she went all overprotective mom on me, and had to do a whole temperature check and what felt like a whole doctor's checkup so she was sure I wasn't getting sick.

Late that night when I was sitting in bed, I heard another knock on my window. I held my breath hoping she'll go away and then I heard her saying "You can't hide from your mate forever" and I knew she was right, so I got up and opened the window.

I got back into bed and she got in next to me, quietly, not saying anything. So I started telling her everything that happened yesterday at the pack house with the high school kids.

By the end of my story she was laughing so hard tears were streaming down her cheeks. "You.. you listened to.. to the high school kids" she said between her laughter. "They always say the stupidest things, why listen to them, you kissed me, you kissed me." She said still laughing her little butt of.

"You kissed me back I felt your lips move." Saying that made her stop the laughing and her cheeks turning crimson. "We are never kissing again" Never? She can't mean that.

"Was it that bad? I'll be better at it when I'm older! I promise." With that another laugh escaped her lips. "I know, I mean not until we are big. But I am very happy you are my first kiss."

I am so happy she was my first kiss two, I felt her kiss my cheek and laying her head on my chest. I kissed the top of her head and decided that is the way I will kiss her until we are bigger.

With her in my arms, I peacefully fell asleep. She is my mate and we have all the time in the world to figure out how to be mates. I am not listening to those stupid high school kids again.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Aww, their first kiss.