⁰⁶|ᴀɴɪᴍᴀɢᴜꜱ

Year two was not any short of mysteries and danger. It should hardly come as a surprise that Dobby was right about the series of mishappenings that were going to haunt Harry and his friends. 

Firstly, the two young boys had missed the train but thanks to Lily Potter's persistence and the ministry's inability to deny her, Ron and Harry were apparated to school. 

Then there came the discovery of Filch's cat in a petrified state, which was somehow linked to the raven. As he strolled through the hallways, Harry couldn't help but notice the incessant mummers behind him. How could he? His friends and he had gained the reputation of being troublemakers. Harry would repeatedly explain that they didn't cause it, but were simply caught up in it, but no one believed him.

Petrified students emerged in each corner after the cat. The regularity of the occurrence was turning school into a sinister place by the day.

Currently Harry was standing on top of a table, wand in hand ready to duel none other than Draco Malfoy.

The platinum headed boy said "Scared, Pottah?"

Harry would admit that he hated the way his name sounded coming from Malfoy, it was always spat out with disgust. Nonetheless, Harry replied "You wish"

Walking back his eyes fell on the worried faces of his best friends. Hermione pouting and Ron confused changing glances from the blonde Slytherin to his friend constantly.

Harry however held himself with confidence, knowing that the slightest hesitation could be spotted by Draco and while Harry might win the duel he won't win the small battle confined within this room.

He heard Gilderoy emphasise on only disarming the opponent. Draco however ignored it, blasting a charm towards his opponent. Harry was taken aback and violently flew and landed on his back.

Harry was quick, he got up casting 'Rictusempra'. Draco reacted in a similar way Harry had. Snape got hold of the student and made him stand. Draco in true Slytherin fashion, casted a snake. Gasps echoed around the room, children questioned whether this was allowed. Slytherin boasted and other houses simply recoiled by the green house's unwillingness to follow basic rules. 

As for Harry, he could faintly hear Snape and Gilderoy arguing about who would get rid of the reptile. He felt himself compelled to moved forward and subconsciously began whispering. He didn't know what he was doing or maybe he did. Everything seemed hazy. 

Snape was taken aback but his momentary flinch went unnoticed by all who were too focused on the revelation of Harry's unique technique. The greasy haired man stepped forward and got rid of the snake. 

Just as soon as the reptile was removed, Harry rushed out of the room and towards his dormitory. He was determined to write a letter to his father by this point the little raven hated not being aware of key details about his own life.

The fury in his letter was responded by a visit from his parents. Together in the headmaster's office they learnt that Harry had claimed some of Voldemort's qualities the night he had attacked.

Lily was quite afraid till James talked to her.

"This means that he would be able to fight the Dark Lord in case of his return, Lily this is a good thing."

Lily while pacing stopped at her place, "This would make Harry his target", she said staring at her husband.

"He is his target honey, he has been since he was born. Our son will be the saviour of this world and no matter how much we want him to have a normal life, he won't. The best we can do is help him"he walked up to her and held her hand before continuing, "and we will."