¹⁹|ᴀʟᴜᴍɴᴜꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱʟᴜɢ ᴄʟᴜʙ

A/N: So I realize that the timeline is a little messy so Christmas break is supposed to be in the middle of the year and the Tri-wizard tournament lasted from the second half of year 4 and the first half of year 5.
Currently, the events are happening in the second half of the fifth year.

_____________________________________

The house had been in a celebratory mode since the engagement.

Every day presents or letters would arrive congratulating the couple. While these letters should have been delivered to the house where Remus and Sirius lived across the street, all the owls knew that truly they were addressed to the Potter Residence. Those letters that were delivered in the house across the street were brought by Hedwig.

Amongst all those letters was one by Hermione informing Harry that she would visit him a day before catching the train to Hogwarts.

Both of them had written to each other for the entire month. Her heart broke for Draco when she heard about him but was remarkably giddy when she heard of the proposal. Of course, Harry had sent her all the images too and demanded them back as he intended to gift these to the couple on the wedding day.

Nothing more had happened since the Yule Ball. Both of them since they began their journey had understood that love can be a beautiful thing but also dangerous. Hermione reminded herself this every day when she would see his name signed off at the bottom of the letter. How could she fall in love with someone who could be ripped away from her at any time?

Harry on the other hand was haunted by nightmares. Nightmares where a bright flash of green light would strike down Hermione, Draco, his parents, his godparents, Ron or the twins. It was somebody new every night, a new reason behind those screams every night.

Some nights at the house, the adults won't sleep a wink out of concern for Harry and the newest addition to their house, Draco. Both boys would cry and scream plagued by their past and terrified of their future.

_____________________________________________

Today was the day Hermione was supposed to come.

"Ah! Hermione, it is lovely to see you" said Lily as she engulfed her in a warm hug. "This boy hasn't stopped talking about your visit since he got the letter. Doesn't write to us for months but he wrote to you every day."

A very embarrassed Harry just kept his eyes on the ground, unconsciously twirling his right leg on the toes.

"Oh Mrs. Potter I will make write to you at least weekly from now on," Hermione replied, with a clear amusement in her voice.

"I am sure that would be very effective Miss Granger" Remus came from behind. In a fraction of a second Hermione jumped and hugged the man.

"I am so happy for you and Sirius, you both truly deserve each other" and before giving Moony a chance to thank her she turned to Lily and said, "When do we start planning?"

"I won't plan with you Hermione if you keep calling me Mrs. Potter," Lily said keeping a stern face.

After a low chuckle Hermione corrected herself "So Lily, when do we start planning?"
Lily grabbed the young girl's shoulder and started walking towards the kitchen, "Well we should when you come over for next break, we will have to keep Sirius and James away unless we want to go to a wedding that looks like a 5-year-old's birthday party. Today let's decide on the..." soon the voice faded.

Harry watched Hermione and his mother disappear into the library before hearing Remus clear his throat.

"When will you ask her out, Harry?" he questioned the boy.