²⁹|ᴡᴇᴅᴅɪɴɢ

"Now you may proceed with your vows" James announced, officiating the wedding of his best friends. The giddiness was completely audible in his voice and he didn't try to mask it.

It had been five months since the war, and the best way the Potters could find to distract themselves was to plan a wedding.

"Sirius, I have loved you since so long that I cannot remember. I always wondered if I could ever find a person who could love me unconditionally, who would accept all of me and, I found it all in the way you look at me. I love the way your hair looks when you wake up, the way you always find an excuse to not cook, the way you would go crazy when Lily and I will steal your leather jackets and I know that I want that for the rest of my life." Remus finished, tearing up.

There was a loud cry and Remus was sure that it was not coming from him or his lightly sobbing soon to be husband. The realisation struck him when he looked towards his right to find tears streaming down James' face. As he rubbed his hands over his eyes he muttered something like, "my best friends."

Prongs cleared his throat and said, "Sirius, go ahead."

"I thought this would be hard, something would go wrong or you would decide that I am not good enough for you. I am not used to being loved by anyone, to not be looked as a disappointment but you Moony showed me everything good in life. You had-so much love, and so much forgiveness, and so much faith. So I started to think that maybe I was worth that faith. That I didn't have to be perfect; I had to just try, and that was good enough." Sirius ended with slight hesitation.

Remus' face had changed; he was looking down at him in the moonlight, the cupid's bow of his lips parted. His hands came up and gently looped his upper arms. Sometimes, Sirius thought, it was as if he were a kite, and Remus the flier: He soared above the ground, and Remus kept him tethered to the earth. Without Remus, he would be lost among the clouds.

Sirius lifted his head. He could feel Remus' breath on his face. There was something in his eyes, something breaking open, not like a crack in a wall but like a door swinging wide, and he could see the light.

"You are more than anything I could imagine or wish for. I love you, Siri, more than anything."

There was a wild feeling in Sirius' blood, the desire to seize Remus, to do something, something, crush his hands in his, put his arms around him, make them both taste the same seeking desperation. So Sirius did just that and before the James had announced that they could kiss, he pulled the other man down.

"Yeah okay you may kiss" James added sarcastically as everybody laughed. "Hey Har, get the rings," James said sending a small wink towards his son.

Harry walked in, carrying two black rings with gold-rose stripes. "Self-restraint will get you a long way," he said before giving the rings to his father.

"With this ring I, Sirius Black wed thee"
"With this ring I, Remus Lupin wed thee"

There was a loud peal of applause when James announced, "I present, Mr and Mr Black-Lupin."

__________________________________

"That was the most muggle wedding I ever attended," Draco said.

"Well muggle weddings are adorable and beautiful, I mean look around," Lily said, using her one unoccupied hand to show the decorations around them.

It was indeed beautiful, big wooden vases that held arrays of cattails and goldenrod and lilies. Lanterns had been hung in all the trees, and they swung in the faint wind. The paths were lined with tiny glowing crystals.

The moon was high, shining down on the path laid out with white and red rose petals, leading down to the beautiful altar.

Guests were seated on the chairs attached to lace-covered tables with wildflower arrangements in the middle.