⁰⁸|ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

Remus and Sirius resided on the same street as the Potters; as a Hogwarts teacher, Remus did not require a permanent residence outside the school, and Sirius had always preferred companionship to being alone. 

If anybody asked, the two shared a house only for convenience, but secretly, they both carried so many nightmares that only the other understood how to chase them away.

If anything, Sirius enjoyed being near to his friends since it allowed him the opportunity to have a family he could only dream of. And it brought him close to a godson he truly felt was sent by the angels. Little Harry had an always been too generous, too happy, and occasionally too uncomfortable-honest. 

It had been one of those evenings when Padfoot would take the tiny raven up to the rooftops and show him the stars. He would point out the constellations and fantasise of having a kid, proving to himself that he is not like his family. That he could love and he could provide.

Yet so many things held him back. For starters, he didn't want anyone to endure the destiny that he and his friends were doomed to suffer as a result of the never-ending battle. He was a member of the Order, the chosen one's godfather, and friends with the living family. It was insane to bring a child into the family when he wasn't sure he could protect them. 

Did he also remark that he was in love with his best friend? Padfoot remembered the night Moony first told Sirius he was a werewolf, and he thought, 'How could a person live a life like that and yet be this kind?' Sirius occasionally feels as though he can relive each second he spent with Moony. He was so much in love that he allowed it to consume him.

But he realised it in the stupidest and in the most Sirius-way possible.

One day little Harry had asked his raven haired godfather, "Why don't you marry someone paddy, I want a friend", while tugging on his jacket.

"Oh prongslet, I want you to have a friend too", said Sirius sighing and catching hold of the young boy's hand.

"Why don't you marry Moony, you can both have a little child together. We can play with my new toys", that was when Sirius realised. He wasn't revolted by the idea and didn't shrug it off. He actually started imagining his life with Remus.

He began to imagine how Remus would chastise him for his delinquency even when they were 70. Before Christmas dinner, Remus and Lily would sweat and scream to keep James and Sirius away from food. In addition to maybe giving this tiny raven menace a companion as a token of appreciation for helping him in seeing how much he loved Remus, he could grow their small family. 

As the images passed through his mind, he returned to the present moment and noticed that the tiny child was still clutching his hand, wide green eyes searching up for an answer. "Okay, but you'll have to convince Moony," he remarked with a smile.

____________________________

Of course, another Christmas meant more mayhem in the Potter household. This year, it was Harry's unexpected involvement in the Tri-wizard Tournament. 

Every adult attempted to free him from the agreement. Hermione and Lilly scoured every formal document, and they discovered the same thing Dumbledore had: the contract became binding the moment Harry's name was taken out of the goblet. 

"I am afraid I feel someone is attempting to harm Harry; they may have entered his name knowing he would have to participate with the hazards that come with this event," the headmaster remarked.

Harry had opted to spend Christmas with his family. It reminded him of his family's support; watching them laugh and hearing chirps throughout the house soothed his heart more than he could have imagined. Hermione agreed to follow him to help him with his preparations. 

His other best friend though, had chosen to pick a fight. The redhead had begun to get jealous of the attention lavished on his closest buddy. His frustration with being followed shadowed turned to animosity, which he unknowingly directed in dreadful ways like shouting at his closest buddy and accusing him of seeking attention.

Mione sensed Harry's grief and never left his side for a second. They were glued together, whether it was making fun of the different titles at the library, baking cookies, or hanging up decorations. 

Harry mounted the ladder, mistletoe in hand, all the while conscious of his bushy-haired friend's lingering gaze He bent down and laughed as he placed the ornament directly above her head, "what'd you say Mione?" 

Hermione panicked briefly before grabbing the ends of her sleeves in her fist, moving forward, and kissing Harry on the lips. She hurriedly withdrew and fled, attempting to shake off the electricity that was coursed through them.

Meanwhile, Harry was bewildered and flustered, gazing at the empty area where Hermione previously stood.

____________________________

Remus opened the door and noticed the aroma of Christmas and home right away. He's not sure if it's the wreaths, the wine, or the familiarity of Lily shrieking at her notorious son and husband and Sirius sipping fire-whiskey against a wall. 

The man looked gorgeous with a green coat over a black shirt and vest. His piercing gaze and a smile that Remus let himself believe was only reserved for him. 

Remus never considered marrying or having children since he did not want to pass on his fate to someone else. Though, when it came to Sirius, he could never keep his thoughts and fancies under control. He couldn't help but see them in love and as a family.

The eye contact was anything but awkward. Maybe he is thinking about something too, thought Remus. Little did moony know that padfoot was imagining the same thing.

____________________________

When those two star-crossed lovers swirled about each other, Harry ran around the house with Hermione, clutching her hand. He dragged her to the terrace, out from everyone's earshot. 

"Harry, what are we doing here?" she said, motioning to the railing. 

"Now, Mione, let me tell you something," he continued, beaming like a little child, a grin she adored. He took a seat on the ground and motioned for Hermione to join him. She sat in front of him, his legs opened, and she leaned back. 

"Moony and Padfoot adore each other," he went on.

Harry noticed Hermione's shoulders moving up and down with realisation. Everyone who had ever been in their company had suspected it, even her. The two men always seemed to lose themselves in each other's gaze, play the flirt when the other brought a date, and trade glances. 

"Well, what are we going to do about it?" she said, spinning around to be confronted with the boy's familiar smirk. 

Harry Potter had a plan and it was most probably going to be disastrous.

"Mione, remember the mistletoes I was hanging today?" She felt blood rush to her face as soon as those words left his mouth. His hands snaked around her waist, as if to reassure her silently: I enjoyed it, you have nothing to worry about. 

"When you left, I spelled it such that anyone standing beneath it would have to kiss someone in order to move. So all we have to do is get them underneath it, " he whispered almost in hushed tones. His mouth was so near to her ear that she couldn't focus.

It was chilly outside, but the warmth from his breath made her feel so warm. It felt like she was wrapped in a blanket, and she welcomed it.