The Busy Bean

Opening my eyes and allowing my senses to come awake I was suddenly engulfed in a rancid smell. It was nearly enough to make me want to vomit, along with the killer headache I was feeling.

I sat up, unsure of my new surroundings. I started piecing together last night, remembering we arrived at college yesterday, we went to a college party and I drank way too much. Looking around, this was absolutely not my dorm room.

I checked my clothes, all still on, thank god. The room I was in was obviously a guys room, there was a desk with text books stacked up, a wardrobe half open with a shirt hanging on the handle. A basketball on the floor.

A basketball. The party was at the basketball team house.

I looked beside me and without even seeing his striking blue eyes, I knew from the hair that the man I shared a bed with right now was Joey.

I looked around for my phone at the same time as realising that rancid smell, was in fact me. Gross. My shoes and bag were neatly placed beside the bed, odd. A glass of water and 2 advils were beside the bed too. I quickly took them, sculling the water like I couldn't get enough.

I pulled my phone out and nearly sent myself into a panic attack. 11am. Shit! Wait double, triple shit!!! I have a job interview at 12 and I'm halfway across campus, hungover and in desperate need of a shower!

Without wasting any time and quietly as possible so I didn't wake Joey and have to deal with his arrogant ass in my current state, I slid my shoes on and made a run for it. I quietly closed his door and found my way downstairs, planning on slipping out of the house unnoticed.

I thought I made it, but just as I reached the front door I heard a voice behind me.

"Hey roomie, what's the hurry?" Ryan was standing there with a shit eating grin on his face. "Always guessed Joey wasn't the morning after cuddle type," he continued.

"We didn't..." I began to say, feeling myself blush already as Ryan laughed.

"Don't even try to deny it to me."

"Fuck off you ass hole! I've got a job interview to get to and I don't need to justify anything to you!" I huffed, pulling open the front door.

After rushing across campus, to my dorm room and grabbing my toiletries, I was finally showered and at least smelling a lot fresher than 20 minutes previous. I wish I could say the same for how I felt, but I had no time to dwell on that. I needed this job to support myself and wouldn't let a hangover get in my way.

"Hey, why are you in such a rush?" Harper asked wearily as I came back into our room rapidly searching my wardrobe for the top I had planned on wearing back when I got this interview.

"Job interview in, argh 18 minutes now! Wait! How did you make it back here last night? And why wasn't I with you?" I asked her, finally locating my navy blouse with small white polka dots on it.

"I'm not entirely sure, I just woke up. Where did you stay?" She asked curiously.

"Ahhh, please don't judge me, or hate me because I'm 99% sure nothing happened, but I might have woken up in your cousins bed..." I cringed as Harper's eyes widened.

"I... umm. Are you sure nothing happened? Not that I would care if it did, but you were adamant that he isn't your type and you were pretty set on hating him all night."

"I know," I groaned. "I woke up fully clothed, so I assume nothing happened. I also lied, he is absolutely my type if you count my last two boyfriends, but I'm trying to not go there again! Oh and Ryan saw me leaving the house and questioned me. God I'm so humiliated!" I said while running a brush through my hair and tying it up into a neat ponytail. I quickly put on some mascara and slipped on my ballet flats.