1. New Friends

Victoria's POV
"Ow!" I yelped as Angelica tightened satan as I clothing piece. A corset. My corset. "Oh shush. You'll want to at least find some boy tonight." She mumbled as she continued to tighten it. I whimpered as she pulled the strings one last time and tied it off. "There. Now you have a perfect waist." She smiled. "Find a dress and some matching heels. Put on some make up and do your hair. The ball starts in an hour." She demanded as she strutted out.

I sighed and walked over to my closet. I pulled out a red ball gown and walked behind my divider and started to slip on the dress.

Though the dress was rather plain I liked it

Though the dress was rather plain I liked it. It made me somewhat blend in. I hated dresses but I could manage with this one. Maybe with a looser corset, but I could still manage.

Now you must be waiting for some dramatic back story as the author is to lazy to tell you how I put on the dress so here we go.

I'm the daughter of one of the richest men in the colonies, Phillip Schuyler. My sisters, Angelica, Eliza and Peggy are super pretty and popular. Everyone forgets about Peggy but not how they forget about me. Some don't even know I exist. Whenever I go out with them people think I'm just following them around and their just being polite. I guess that's somewhat true. My only sister who somewhat cares about me is Eliza. She's sweet to everyone. She kinda just ignores me like I'm not there but when she's forced to admit and comprehend that I'm there she's nice... I guess.

I walked from behind the divider and sat at my vanity. My looks are well. I've been told I'm prettier than my sisters, so I guess that's a plus. I applied very little makeup and slipped on some red heels. I pulled my hair into an elegant low ponytail and walked out of my room. I sighed as I realized the Winter's Ball had already begun.

The only reason this damned ball is even being held is so my sisters can find some dream boy and leave me behind. I rolled my eyes as I walked in and men immediately started drooling.

I walked over to the glasses of wine and just stared. I rolled my eyes and walked away. I walked to the corner of the room and watched.

Lafayette's POV
I watched as a beautiful girl with dark brown hair and bright blue eyes walked into the ballroom. Something about her stuck out to me. Whether it was the muted dress she was wearing or the very small amount of makeup or her all around demeanor, it was something. I nudged Hercules and pointed at her. "Something about 'er sticks out to you, non?" I asked. He nodded and began walking towards her as she parked herself in a corner and watched. I put my hand on his shoulder and pulled him back. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Let's watch from afar and see what she does." I smirked and pointed at John who was making his way over to her with Alexander.

Victoria's POV
Two men walked up to me. Both about the same height and the same tanned skin tone. One had green eyes and freckles splattering his face. His brown curly hair being pulled into a ponytail at the base of his neck. The other had stubble around his mouth and dark brown eyes. His dark brown hair being slicked back into a ponytail as well. Both of them had revolutionary uniforms on. I've always wanted to join the revolution.

"Hello?" I questioned. "Hello!" The freckled man chirped. He grabbed my hand and bowed down, kissing my knuckles. I scrunched my face up in disgust and pulled my hand away. He cleared his throat as his friend began talking. "We couldn't help but notice you from across the room. Would you like to dance with one of us?" He asked hopefully. "You'd want to go to my sisters if you want a dance. Over there with men surrounding them." I pointed. "You're a Schuyler?" The freckled man asked. I nodded and crossed my arms while leaning against the wall. "Not very lady like." And older woman scoffed as she walked by. "Yeah, well, for a girl who wants to join the war and fight isn't exactly lady like." I called back.

"What's your names?" I asked. "John Laurens!" The freckled man smiled. "Alexander Hamilton." The other bowed with a hand on his heart. "Victoria Schuyler." I shrugged. "You want to join the Revolution?" John asked. "Yeah. I can't just sit back at home while men fight and my sisters are off starting a family and forgetting about me. Need to do something with my life." I sighed. "If all else fails I could become a prostitute." I joked with a small chuckle. Alexander bursted into a fit of laughter with John. I noticed two other men walking over as well. Both tall and darker skinned. One had his curly hair pulled up into a bun while the other was wearing a beanie. Both of them were also wearing Revolutionary uniforms. The man with a bun caught my eye. He was very handsome. I blushed a bit and waited for my new friends laughter to die down.

"Lafayette! Herc!" John exclaimed. "Come meet Victoria! She's hilarious!" He laughed. I smiled and looked at the two new men. "I'm Victoria Schuyler." I smiled, my arms still crossed. "Schuyler?" The man I had my eyes on asked with a French accent. "My sisters." I rolled my eyes at the mention of them. "I am Lafayette. My name is to long to remember." He chuckled. I laughed a bit as well and turned to the other man. "Hercules Mulligan. Just call me Herc." He smiled. I nodded and looked over at my sisters who were walking over to me.

"Victoria! I see you have a way to get on men's good side." Peggy snickered. "No I just have a personality that people like. These men don't just appreciate me for my looks." I sneered back. Peggy shut up and glared at me. I glared right back. "I'm not sure you want to spend time with her," Angelica started talking to the men around me. "She's not very nice." Angelica smiled. "Yeah, to people who aren't very nice to me." I mocked her when I said 'very nice.' She scoffed and walked away with my other two sisters. I huffed and turned back to my friends.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." I grumbled. "No it's ok. I kinda figured they were bitches anyways." John shrugged. "John!" His friends scolded him. Though I laughed at his remark.

I made a good choice talking to them.

1148 words!

Hello! If you've read my one shot book before this was published you'll know that I asked you all to help me decide whether I should post this while writing the one-shot book. And literally all of you said yes!

But I would like to point out that I've only ever written one story at a time so my updating schedule won't be as frequent. But I have this need to post for you guys so don't worry about me forgetting about this until it's over!

Abandoned On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara