Chapter 9: Blue Moon

It would be three weeks before you could take Aaron on your promised lunch. You trained three days a week and he joined you whenever he was available, but one or both of you would have work immediately after, never catching a break.

Today was the Saturday following Thanksgiving, a blessed day when Aaron called to let you know he would have a half day as he only had some paperwork to finish up. So, he would be free the rest of the day and willing to go along with any of the plans you had lined up for him, as you had so often lamented about him not being available. He knew it was in good nature as you always giggled after, but he was excited for a chance to hang out with you outside of training again, especially if it would be as long as the time you took him ice skating, just like he'd done as a kid.

He offered to pick you up when he was done at the office, and since you figured he would be in a suit, decided to dress in a business casual attire. The place you had in mind was a little more high end, so you hoped he wouldn't change-- in fact, you were going to send a text to "come as dressed". You went with a pair of comfortable black heels and black slacks, choosing a lightly patterned blouse whose neckline dipped below your usual work wear.

You reached into your shirt to adjust your boobs to your liking, giving yourself a little twirl in the mirror when you were done. You looked professional, but flirty professional.

Maybe you'd get further than your last little "date"...

You sighed, remembering how close you were to Aaron and heating up at the thought. Sighing again, you gave yourself a stern look in the mirror and pushed the memory away, for now.

When you finished getting ready, you decided to finish up some work on your laptop as it would be at least another two hours before he came to get you.

You were so concentrated on calculating figures that you startled when the doorbell rang, closing your browser and laptop after saving your progress.

You opened the door saw Aaron dressed in a black suit, a white button up peeking through to frame his crimson tie. He looked dashing as ever and you wondered how he managed to make you swoon every time.

"Ready?"

"Huh?" You were pulled from your staring, "Oh yeah, let me just grab my wallet." You went back in to grab it from your work desk, returning within a few moments, "Let's rock and roll."

The place you were going to was Nobu, a relatively new restaurant chain that was known for its innovative fusion dishes.

When you arrived, the line was spilling down the sidewalk as a staff member stood at the front on a podium, directing patrons in and flipping through a list. You saw Aaron tense as he drove past the restaurant to park in the structure, continuing up the levels until he found a spot on the third floor.

After getting back to ground level, you rounded the corner to Nobu on the opposite side of the line. Aaron attempted to lead the way to the end of the line, but you shook your head with a smile and led him back to the front by his elbow.

"Do you have a reservation ma'am?" The man at the podium directed the question at you without looking up, flipping through his list as he spoke into a walkie talkie.

"No, but--"

"Before you ask, we cannot accept bribes to cut the line. You'll find there's shade as you wait like the rest of our guests here today."

Your jaw dropped at the indecency, pink dusting your cheeks as he sassed you. However, Aaron, ever the gentleman, stood up for you.

"Hey pal, that is no way to speak to a la--"