Chapter Seventeen ♡

You guys I missed youu so freaking muchhh
Big big bear hug to all of you
I hope you're all healthy and well!
If you guys are interested, I'm writing a background story for Maximus it's called "Ruler of Beasts" ! It's a short story and I'm writing it to understand Maximus' character better
So far, I've added only one chapter. Let me know what you think
Love you all!

C h a p t e r
S e v e n t e e n

     Juliette slid against the door as soon as got inside her room, her cheeks still burning after what just happened with Xander

     Juliette slid against the door as soon as got inside her room, her cheeks still burning after what just happened with Xander. It was very dark, and her room was only illuminated by the light coming through the little window.

She jumped at the shadowed figure coming at her.

"You're late." It said.

"L-Lucía!" Juliette breathed out, her hand reaching for her chest. "You scared me."

"I would say the same." Her friend said, collapsing on her bed. "You were out all night. I thought," she hesitated. "I thought that something bad had happened to you."

"I was about to confront Mabel - but I didn't want to worry her." Lucia shook her head, her eyes accusing.

Juliette moved to her little vanity. "I'm sorry I made you worry. I didn't know I was going to be l-late." She admitted softly, feeling a blush creep up her cheeks as she remembered her night with Xander.

She unclasped her necklaces and bracelet and opened her little jewelry drawer.

"Where were you?"Lucia asked.

"I-was with a friend." Juliette lied, as she put her accessories inside the box. She still didn't feel comfortable talking about Xander in front of her friends. She wasn't ready to respond to their endless questions about him, especially when Yasmine and Gregg didn't believe her when she told them he's the King's guard.

"I see." Lucia got up from the bed and approached her. She could feel her gaze scrutinizing her suspiciously.

"And what is that?" She grabbed her hand. "Now that is a nice ring," Her friend commented, her eyes twinkling. "Amethyst, and are those petals little diamonds? This ring is lovely, Juliette."

"Thank you."

"Where you'd get it?"

"My m-mama had saved it for me. Erm- my aunt gave it to me when I went to her chamber." She explained painfully. She felt so bad about lying. She could almost hear her mama's voice chiding her inside her mind. I did not raise my daughter like that! She would say. My daughter would never do such an atrocious thing. Who are you?