Chapter - 03

Joseph's POV

I was going to my son , Nick's cabin when I saw Ethan smiling and speaking to a young woman who had her back facing me.

Coming closer I heard the lady gently saying him how he would have got hurt for running like that . Then she offered to take him to his grandfather. I was touched at the random woman's concern for a kid whom she met right now.

She looked a bit embarassed to not know me . When she told me she had come to meet Mr. Jones , I recognised him. He was the public relations head and was quite efficient. I noticed that the girl looked quite similar to David and guessed her to be his daughter but refrained from asking anything.

When Nick made an appearance I saw her checking him out which was nothing new to me. But she was sophisticated in her ways and did not drool like the other ones I have seen.

I was indeed shocked when Ethan hugged her and she convinced him to realise his mistake and he even apologised which was not a regular scene . Ethan was never too comfortable with strangers. Nick's face mirrored the same expression.

From my peripheral vision I saw Nick taking in her appearance . He did not avert his eyes till she was out of vision.

Currently I was sitting in my cabin looking through the file containing every details of Sophia for which I had to make a call.

Sophia Jones, 27 years old, only daughter of David Jones and Amelia Jones. She had done MBA in marketing and was currently the marketing manager in Knight's Enterprises.

"Impressive" I thought.

I was always worried about Nick. Having been hurt repeatedly, he had lost trust in women . But unfortunately he was too naive to not see through their intentions. He says as I quote ' I don't do love ' . I am tired of his playboy ways and currently that Christina or whatever is always clinging onto him. Her face purely shows what a bitch she is but still he keeps her around, I don't know why.

Ethan too needs the care and love of a mother like every child. I have been looking for a decent , kind woman to marry my son off to.

"And looks like I found her " , I smiled to myself.

I called for David in my office. I was thinking of my plans when I heard a knock.

"Come in "

"Mr. Carter , you called. " David greeted.

" Mr. Jones , please take a seat."

As he settled down I spoke further.

" I don't like to beat around the bush . So ... Yesterday I saw your daughter Sophia in my office. She looked like a decent young lady and I wish to have her hand for my son's marriage."

He took a few seconds to absorb my words .

" I don't really know what to say ..uhm but I think it's her decision to make " , he said.

"I hope you would try to convince her." , I spoke in a serious tone.

He seemed to be debating on his next reply.

"I'll try , Mr. Carter"

Nodding I dismissed him.

Let's wait now..

Sophia's POV

I was currently in my room scrolling through my Instagram feed when Bree jumped up the bed and started licking my face.

" Breee , stop -stop it " , I squealed. I was quite ticklish.

He happily barked and wagged it's tail.