Chapter - 05

Sophia's POV

"What's my baby doin -- OH MY GOD " , I heard high pitched shriek of my best friend Charlotte.

" YOU ARE FUCKING ENGAGED "

" Jesus , stop yelling Char. "

" Don't . Just don't. You pathetic excuse of a best friend, you got fucking engaged and didn't tell me!?" She semi-yelled .

"ENGAGED ?" , Ryan walked into my room.

Char pulled my hand up for him to see.

" WHAT THE HELL SOPH ? ", Ryan yelled with wide eyes.

Charlotte and I are best friends since our primary school days. We were inseparable. She is a brunette , with green eyes and an extremely outgoing nature. Her parents died in an car crash . So she has only Rayn , her brother as her family and ofcourse me !

Ryan has a tall lean frame with the same green eyes and dark brown hair. He is quite a good looking guy and is never short of girl- attention if that's a word . After the accident, he used to come along to hang out with us for distracting himself and he was basically an year older than us. So our vibes really matched . We three are really very close and practically share everything.

" Will you two just shut up and let me speak ? " I threw my hand in the air.

" Oh you don't get to shout , it's us who have been deprived of our rights . " , Char crossed her hands across her chest.

Ignoring her words I started narrating everything to them and for the whole time I had their undivided attention.

" NICHOLAS CARTER !? THE NICHOLAS CARTER ? " she again yelled.

"Woman, if you don't stop yelling I will kick your ass out of this room right now." I warned.

"This is unbelievable . Girls die to hang out with that piece of sculpture and you're going to marry him . I can already tell the babies are going to be gorgeous" , she was now whispering.

I blushed at her words but composed myself.

"Char you know right , no babies." , I said as a matter of factly but the thought always pains me.

"Oh I am sorry Soph . "

Ryan embraced me in a hug .

"Soph it's fine , don't be sad . We have your wedding to plan . Come on cheer up " , I looked up at Ryan and smiled.

"Yeah , I have to buy a dress for tomorrow's engagement party. " I said.

"And wedding dress ?" , Char asked.

"Ah that , Mrs. Carter wants me to go with her and buy. Nicholas's sister will be joining too." , I said.

"Okay then ,let's go shopping!!" , She sprinted out of the bed . I laughed at her excitement while Ryan only shook his head.

4 hours later ...

We have been walking for 3 hours . Char was dragging us from this shop to that shop and she hasn't found 'the one' for me yet. I was standing with Ryan in a corner when she came running to us.

"Try this one " , she handed me a blush coloured gown which I must say looked really elegant.

I came out wearing it .

"I knew it THIS IS 'THE ONE' ", she clapped her hands.

"I love it as well " I stared at myself .

We paid for it and headed out .

"Let's get some food .I am starving." Ryan whined.

"Mee too" , I huffed.