Chapter - 10

Nick's POV

I walked upstairs and she followed me. Opening the door I went inside my room.

"Sir , we have got Mrs. Carter's luggage." A maid said.

"Keep it and leave." Sophia stood there looking around.

"We can't sleep together." My words brought her eyes back on me.

"Where should I sleep then?" I shrugged at her question.

"I don't know." I heard her chuckle or more like scoff.

"You're kidding, right?" I didn't feel like responding. I seriously hadn't thought of where she would sleep.

"Nick?" I sighed before turning around and looking at her face.

"Take the couch or something." Her lips parted in slight disbelief.

"How gentlemanly of you!" She mocked me but I was least bothered by it.

"You're welcome." I said nonchalantly.

"Jerk!" She muttered under her breath.

"Come again." She rolled her eyes at that. I was beyond pissed, not only at her but at the whole situation in hand.

Taking it as the end of the discussion, she walked to the bathroom.

I sat on the bed repeating everything in my head. After a long time , she came back in a loose tee and pyjamas. Her hair was tied up in a ponytail .

She didn't even look at me and laid down on the couch.

I waited for a few more minutes and then went to the study room to work.

Sophia's POV

When I opened my eyes I couldn't recognise the room.

"Oh God, where the hell did I- oh !" , Realisation dawned upon me. It was Nick's room.

Nick was not there in the room . Maybe he woke up early, maybe he wasn't there the whole night. Well in that case I could have taken the bed.

My back was paining due to sleeping in such an uncomfortable couch.

"I need to get myself a room." I said to myself and went to do my morning routine.

I changed into a black v neck full sleeve top and white checked skirt. Getting ready for work, I went downstairs.

He was sitting there at the table, having his breakfast.

Nick's POV

I had woken up in my study. Getting ready for work in my normal suite I went to have my breakfast.

I was munching my toast when I heard her footsteps, Sophia!

I fought the urge to turn around. When she walked past , a smell of roses hit my nostrils. She walked to the other side of the table and settled down.

She looked formal and decent in her work clothes but still managed to look hot. She definitely dressed well but I wasn't going to tell her.

The maid set a plate in front of her and she started off with her breakfast while scrolling through her phone. She didn't even look at me which really bothered me.

But why ? I was supposed to be relieved that she isn't bothering me.

She started getting up and then I realised that she was going to work.

"Do you think you are going to work Sophia ? " I liked the way her name rolled off my tongue.

Ugh.. focus