Chapter 3

-Max-

I looked over at Amber, then quickly looked away.

She's gonna kill because she failed the first time I know it.

"Not gonna kill you, Maxwell" she said nonchalantly and my eyes grew widen but I still didn't look up.

Did I say that aloud?

"No Maxwell, you did not." she said again and this time I looked up at her in complete shock.

"How- what?!" I said in utter confusion. "how did you-" I was cut off.

"I read minds" she smirks and then looked at me. "so no dirty thoughts about me, okay" she said laughing. My eyes widened I shook my head.

"No-I- no" I stuttered and she laughed. This whole thing was to much for me to take in and I was having a hard time taking anything at the moment.

"Oh don't worry, I'll try to stay out of your head but..." she trailed off and sat next to me on the couch.
"Do I scare you..." she asked looking at me directly in the eye. Sadness filled her eyes as if she was unhappy with what she had done.

"I mean I just met a demon girl who tried to kill me!" I snapped and her head dropped and she held it in her hands.

"I'm sorry. this isn't my fault" she said. I shook my head and looked back at her and she was pacing the room. "Max-" I cut her off and I backed farther away from where she was.

"Your eyes- there- red!" I stuttered and she looked away from me. I calmed down alittle but I was terrified at the moment.
"Can you just explain this to me..." I sighed and looked away from her. I wanted to know her story, why she was like this.

"All in good time, Maxwell" she said and I felt someone scoot closer of me. Forcing me to look up, I looked at her and her eyes where Hazel again. I sighed and kept eye contact with her.

"I wanna go home..." I demanded and she nodded standing up again. "I'm okay, right I won't became a demon"

She laughed "no, your ok Maxwell" and grabbed my hand and intertwined are finger. My eyes widened at her action. "Is this okay?" She asked and I looked at her and nodded. "Good...because your quite cute, Maxwell"

"Call me, Max" I groaned and rolled my eyes. We walked down the sidewalk, she didn't look at me but she laughed.

"But I like Maxwell...sounds like a name from my times" she signed and swung are arms. I looked at my eyebrows knitted together.
"All in good time, Maxwell" she looked over at me.

"That reading mind thing is gonna get old" I said shaking my head.

"Oh come on you know you love it. I will know all those little thoughts you have!" She said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes smiling.
"Trust me I hate it too, I read the thoughts of some people. they aren't kind" she said and looked at me with a frown.

"But your a beautiful girl I don't see why..." I said and she didn't blush but she smiled and giggled.

"Thank you, Maxwell" she said and gave my hand a squeeze. "but sadly you are now home" she sighed loudly and let go of my hand.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked and she nodded. She smiled and looked around her. She waved and then she disappeared.

"Maxwell, I'm on the roof don't worry!" I heard a shout I walked back and looked on the roof. I saw her and shook my head. I laughed and waved by to her.

I then walked into the house.
"Max, is that Amber I saw you holding hands with" my mother said as I walked into the kitchen.

"I mean...yes..." I sighed and tried to hide my smile.

"She's a pretty girl, don't let her go" she looked at me and I looked out to the window.

"I know..."