One Hell Of A Ride

The frown on my face must have been evident as Mickey looks concerned, "What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" He asks, squinting at me, making me smile

That's something I had been doing a lot of the last couple of hours, all because of Mickey – a complete stranger up until yesterday. Now I was beginning to feel like I had known him for longer.

"You think I'm pretty?" I joke, batting my eyelashes at him as he laughs and rubs the back of his neck.

"I think it's a known fact that you, Miss Prescott, won all the genes in your family" I stared at Mickey, my eyebrows raised in shock.

People were not usually this playful with me. It was nice to talk to someone who won't treat me like glass or that I'll explode like a bomb any time something terrible happens.

I opened my mouth to talk when Mickey's cellphone began to ring. He pulled it out of his pocket, his eyes widening at whoever had been calling him. "I need to.." he starts motioning to his cellphone.

I nodded in understanding. "I'll keep looking," I tell him as I walk off towards the horror section. We both know this is what we'll be working on anyway.

:::

Mickey watched as Kat walked away and smiled; he was having a great time with her; he knew that he shouldn't be getting too close to Kat, but he couldn't help himself she was just too great to pass up, he was falling for the broken Prescott twin.

"Hey," Mickey said, answering his cell phone, picking up a random case on the shelf while carefully watching Kat look at the cases where she was stood on the other side of the store.

"How's it going?" The voice asked; Mickey knew this voice very well; he had been talking to it for months now

"Good, very good," Mickey answered as he smiled, seeing Kat stealing a piece of candy from the candy stand.

"How is she?" The voice asked again softly, this time

"She's great; I'm with her right now," Mickey tells The voice, knowing he'd want to know.

"Tell me about her," The voice requested; Mickey understood Kat had been through a lot with being let out of the institute she was being kept in and now being back around people, especially Sydney.

"She seems like she's... coping. Sydney hasn't been a very good girl," Mickey said, his voice growing darker at the thought of Sydney abandoning Kat.

The voice sighed like he wanted nothing more than to reach through the phone and make it all better, but that's what he was doing right now, making it all better.

"I'm trusting you with her, do what you can," The voice instructed, "Just keep her safe," he added, obviously sensing mickey's soft tones when talking about the dark-haired girl.

"I will," Mickey promised, frowning at the thought of anyone hurting Kat; he would hurt them first, he would do anything to keep her safe.

"Stick to the plan," The voice ordered before ending their call; Mickey pulled the phone away from his ear and put it back in his pocket.

He leaned on the top of the shelf as he watched Kat sing to herself, oblivious to his staring, could she sing?

Mickey couldn't help but let his mind wander about a lot of things. Did she like him? How could he keep her close without her getting suspicious?

Mickey's thought began to drift further when he noticed Kat waving to him; he smiled and made his way back over to the girl who was now permanently imprinted on his brain.

He suddenly got an idea and picked up some chips and candy before making his way over to Kat.

:::

"Ok, so I know we said we'd look around, but I think I found the perfect one," I told Mickey, who was walking over to me after his phone call; looking at him, I noticed his hand were behind his back getting suspicious I eyed him carefully.

"What are you hiding?" I eyed him distrustfully, watching as his eyes widen before they close in realization, and he pulls loads of junk food from behind his back

"I thought if you didn't have anything to do tonight, we could do a movie night?" he asks, giving me a broad smile, which made me feel instantly guilty.

"Oh."

I looked down and smiled. I had to stop comparing Mickey to Stu. It was getting me nothing but trouble, they were nothing alike, plus Stu was gone now I had to let it go. "Sure, I would like that," I tell him with a grin as we walk to the counter.

Giving the teenage cashier the movie, I pulled out my purse, but Mickey pushed my hands away. "Nope, not happening," he said as he gives the spotty teenage some money.

"That's not fair," I pout while grabbing the junk food.

I walked backward, watching Mickey walked towards me after picking up the movie "So Halloween?" Mickey questions holding up the case to me while I bite into a red vine

"Yep," I tell him, still walking backward, looking around a few times just in case I walk into something. "You got a problem with that?" I sass, giving him a smirk.

Mickey shakes his head with a grin and throws an arm over my shoulder, turning me around. "No, ma'am," he tells me with a fake southern accent before biting the red vine I held in my hand.

I stared at Mickey in shock as he winked at me, getting back into the car door with a cheeky smirk. "Hey, no fair," I call, running over to Mickey's car, wondering what the hell I was getting myself into but also not even caring. This was going to be one hell of a ride.