°Presence of His Dark Side°

::Serenity::

It was a new month, new week, and a new day. I had finally began to show my baby bump. I stood from the bed and walked slowly into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and moved on. Finding my cleansing delicacies, I undressed and got into the shower. I scrubbed up with my soap and washed my curls out. They had only grew even more and then some. After doing so, I shut the water off and wrapped a towel amongst my body. Drying my face and the rest of me off, I put on moisturizing lotion and began to put a bit of make up on. After getting into my undergarments I slipped into a simple casual outfit. Having a blue blouse incorporated with black leggings and blue flats to go. I put my hair up into this high ponytail, letting my curls go elsewhere. I cleaned my mess up and left the bathroom with the light off. I went back to the room, still seeing Jacob asleep. I stood there, simply staring in a bit of fear. I grabbed my handbag and soon left.

I drove around and found myself going towards iHop to meet up with my mother, my older sister named Saige, and one of my best friends named Piper. I parked and soon got out. I walked in and found them in a booth. I sat by my sister and looked across the table towards Piper and my mom.

"Hey sweetheart. How are you doing?" My mom asked.

"Hey momma, I've been better. I just thought I'd fly you guys into town and catch you up on everything. I know I've been away for a while though." I said.

"It's fine sweetie, every love story needs a continuous story and I see it's definitely continuing. Look at my baby, pregnant! How excited is Lance?" She asked smiling from ear to ear.

"Momma I wish I could say it was Lance's but I can't. This child belongs to someone else but about Lance, I have some explaining to do." I said, holding my tears.

"Baby, what happened?" She asked as she reached across the table and grabbed my hand.

"Well.. Lance was in a horrible accident momma and then he died in the hospital trying to recover. But there's more than just that, before that even occurred I didn't love him anymore. We had a downfall. I was the only one working while he went around cheating and his lies caught up with him. Yet even though I tried to confront him about it, things went wrong." I explained.

"What is that supposed to mean bubbles?" Piper asked, using an old nickname she gave me. Her accent was still strong as ever.

"Every time I wanted something or simply the truth, he'd beat me." I said, flinching in result with my sister patting my hand.

"You still have bruises don't you?" Momma asked me.

"Yes and the scars aren't leaving. But since that's all out of the way, I'd like to discuss someone else. The father of my child." I said.

"And whom might that be?" Momma asked.

"Do you guys remember Jacob?" I asked.

"Latimore?!" Piper asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Serenity wasn't he a loser to the entire school?" Piper asked.

"Maybe to the entire school but not to me. Pipes, he's the sweetest being ever and he's been through a lot for a twenty-three year old, baby doll. I've been helping him. Even with my job at the hospital and therapist psych." I said.

"Wow. I never knew. Serenity why didn't you tell us any soona?" Piper's British accent overpowering the last word as she spoke.

"I thought I could handle everything on my own, but now I see the difficulty in everything and momma I'm sorry for going away with Lance. I should've listened." I apologized.