°Turning Two Reflections Into One°

[FINAL CHAPTER]

::Jacob::

Darkness surrounded my being as I woke up aching with such pain upon my back. I sat there on soft cushion not having much movement but enough to adjust myself to sit against the cushion wall. I yawned as my eyes watered with sleepiness and I looked around. I saw nothing but space in which was complete black with wander. I sat my feet in front of me and let them relax while I tried to move my arms, forgetting that I couldn't. I felt the soft material on my arms and remembered that I was strapped tight. Arms against my chest, restricting me from hurting myself and anyone else. I knew exactly where I was. I've been here for months. I hate it, no freedom.

A sudden light came, indicating that it was indeed fluorescent. I didn't mind it, I could use it after being in darkness for such a long while. I looked ahead at the wall where the invisible door was until the small window opened with the tall man whom handled me and all of my behavior. He spoke to me, saying what he usually said. I stood up the best I could and walked towards the other side of this crazy room. My feet sunk down within the cushion. Not deeply but deep enough for me to feel comfort of the slight leather. He opened the door and immediately strapped me down in a chair. A wheel chair in particular that he'd roll me around in. I suppose I was the absolute craziest in this mental facility. Especially being that I was in the bottom of the entire building. No other rooms or psychopaths surrounded me. It was just me, myself, and I. I wondered what I was being taken out for today. Hopefully there was no more medicine involved. I am tired of taking it already. It only makes me more so prone to the definition of a psycho.

I chuckle as I arrive at the lobby. I thought I wasn't aloud in the lobby. This will be their mistake if they let me loose. I'll go berserk if they do and no I do not care what happens to me. I mean I'm capable of just about anything really but let's see what's in store for me today. Let's see if whatever is placed in front of me will break me down, make me feel terrible, remind me of better. I doubt it. Besides, it could just be another capsule of a strong antidote. The wheels on my chair squeaked every now and so. It made me cringe at the sound. My eyes followed the tiles on the floor as we continued the stroll down the hallway. The tiles were white with dark and light green speckles that if you looked close enough, you'd see a small paint brush stroke as to wear the speckles were presented. I paid more attention to the details of this place everyday that I could. When you're locked away somewhere alone and on heavy medication, you either get crazier yet with cleverness or you become dependent on the ones here. I depend on no one.

Soon enough I realized that the white green-speckled tiles had stopped running under me. A different floor was placed down. It was shiny and brown. I looked up and we were actually far from the lobby. I wondered where we were now. There was a wall. Windows shielded it. I saw a few people sitting at these windows. They were somewhat set up like a prison visiting room. But, since this was a mental ward, this wall of windows would just have to do. The man guiding my wheelchair that I was strapped to lead me towards one of the windows. Who wants to see me? I don't understand. This isn't correct. My emotions were instantly set off from anger. I shook my body around until the man would have to strap me down tighter. For one it scared other patients and for two I liked the feeling of making myself laugh. He grabbed my shoulders and slammed me back against the seat. I was enraged of course but I contained myself.

Finally, I was at the window and sat there quietly until further instructions.

"Now, Mr. Latimore, we have set you up to speak to someone. We expect you to act well behaved. Throw a fit and you'll be put into a smaller space and left alone for a week or so. Got it?" The man behind my chair said.

"Yes Mr. Donovan, I got it." I said in all seriousness.

I didn't know what was to come but my stomach was churning with nervousness like it once did before. Like it once did when I was in love--not that I've fallen out of love but like it did three months ago when I lost her. My heart was pounding unstably. I waited and tapped my foot on the ground quietly. Mr. Donovan steady stood behind me. He wasn't that much older than me at all. He was a rather smart man. I wondered about him sometimes because he seemed significant to me but I don't know from what or where exactly. After leaving my thoughts, I put my head up and suddenly a girl in a wheel chair also rolled up in front of me. She was on the other side of the glass. Her nurse rubbed her shoulder and gave her instructions. To whom was this? I wondered. The girl, she...she lifted her head and my eyes instantly gazed into her face. Her beautiful, ever so glowing face full of cleanse and healthiness. It was her. My baby, Serenity.