°Unapologetic°

::Serenity::

I was up early after a long needed shower. I ate on some toast before making up my mind about where I was to go today. First and for most, I needed to get to the hospital for my scheduled appointment for my pregnancy. Just to see how I was doing with everything during so. I had on a shirt that made my baby bump evidemnt and some jeans. I was beyond broken about what I had done last night and being the caring person I am, I wanted justice for that innocent girl I harmed. She didn't deserve it, I was not listening to her neither but my wrong instincts caused me to act otherwise. I feel as if something got in my head, someone actually and that was indeed, Jacob. I knew I needed to get out of his presence before else more happened but for now, I was going to turn myself in at the police station for my reckless actions. After eating, I left quickly before Jacob had gotten up. I drove my way to the downtown county jail, where the sheriff's office was held. I parked and got out, knowing for sure I'd spend some time in prison and if my baby were to come, I'd just send the precious child to my mother after my deliver knowing that I couldn't take care of him or her in prison. Well, this was it. I walked into the small building and went straight to the front counter, in which it was kind of tall for me to see. I took a deep breath and began talking.

"Hello sir, I'm here to report a crime." I said.

"Who's talking? Step around the counter and let me see your face." He said.

"Serenity James is the name sir." I said.

"Okay, what seems to be the problem sweets?" He asked whilst putting his newspaper down.

"I'm turning myself in sir, I subconsciously killed a woman around my age last night." I said.

He started laughing as if I was lying.

"Impossible, a sweet little girl like you? Are you kidding me?" He asked in a rhetoric matter.

"I'm serious." I said.

"Okay since you're so serious, come with me." He said.

He took me by my arm and set me in a jail cell next to this much older woman. I knew I deserved this more than anything. I put my head down in shame.

"Now listen here sweets, you've got ten minutes to tell me why you came in here and made up a massive lie. Until you're ready, I'll be over here at my desk, if you don't give me a good explanation by the time that ten minutes is up I'm releasing you and if you take me up on my offer to let you go right now or in that time frame, I will." The sheriff explained.

I nodded my head and looked to the woman beside me, she had an afro and had a slimmed shaped body with a pretty brown skin tone. She gave me a smile which viewed her perfectly straight white teeth that his behind her lips in which they were covered upon by red lipstick. I looked at her attire. She had on a leather, black trenchcoat and it was opened up partially, clearly to a tight red mini dress. I didn't have to ask why she was in here. I already knew. I smiled back and just sat back until a voice had suddenly spoken. It, being the lady right beside me.

"Hey sweets, as the sheriff calls you. My name is Honey." She said holding out her fragile boned, hand.

"Hi ma'am, I'm Serenity." I said holding out my hand as well which was rather small and chubby.

"Ooh, young and respectful. That's rare in today's society." Honey said. I giggled.

"I try to be." I said.

"I see, well sweets let me tell you something. You are too young to be in here, I know you're telling the truth because I can see the fear behind those pretty eyes of yours but listen to the sheriff, go on." Honey explained.