chapter 3

Listen to Circular as our own way - Hammock]

The rain has stopped, and the two men ambled along the dampened road. The shorter of the two moved his hands inside the dim sweater's pocket he owned. Not knowing what to discuss, Tendou swiftly glanced at the ripped mysterious individual next to him. As soon as his bright red eyes budged, Wakatoshi was already staring at his pale skin and worried features. Tendou didn't look away. Instead, the movement of his delicate lips curved slightly to reveal an endearing smile. Ushijima didn't smirk back, but he felt like he had to add a little bit of energy in their current, gloomy adventure.

"Wanna be friends?"

Tendou's trembling lips, caused by the breezy climate, snapped back to their previous position. His heart was beating faster than usual. He didn't know what this type of feeling was as he has never felt appreciation and was never liked by anyone. Suddenly, his feet ceased to move. This obliged the taller gent to stop strolling in his turn, noticing that Satori has stopped walking. Tears couldn't be brought to an end as the poor confused boy whimpered, gazing at the first person who ever respected him. His lower eyelids were half closed as the tears caused his vision to blur out. Despite his watery eyes, he could see Wakatoshi walk towards his fragile body. Bawling was the only option as the howling couldn't be stopped until the strong man unexpectedly wrapped his muscular arms around the slim, sobbing fellow. They both stayed in each other's arms for a while. Well, Tendou did, since he didn't embrace Ushijima back. The rarity of this act lulled the frail man into a certain sense of security.

"You can stop hugging me now."

Satori said, sniffing. The puny adult's lifted his shaky hands, grasping his new friend's arms. Accepting his offer, Tendou thanked Ushijima for being so agreeable with him. A bridge could be seen in the green-haired man's eyes. His thick fingers gently touched Tendou's left forearm to indicate that he should turn around and look at the lit viaduct behind them. As both companions wandered in the direction of the massive structure, the blue lights became dazzling. Arriving on the bridge, the wind blew tenderly on the two silent men, allowing their hair to sway. Ushijima slowly turned towards Tendou and asked.

"How is life for you?"

This was a difficult question to answer. Life experiences vary, which means they can be good, or they can be bad. It is safe to say that there is no sense of a good life for anyone—only good moments. There can be a bunch of various joyful moments and very little unfortunate ones, or the opposite. It depends on the person, but Tendou seemed not to have many good memories. How could he give a reasonable answer to such a complex question? Why was Ushijima so curious about his life? Was he that lonely?

"Life could be better, I have no friends, no family, and most people tend to despise me."

The sad man said confidently. His words were so blunt, but to Wakatoshi's ears, it was distressing. The buff man exhaled before continuing.

"Do you ever want to escape reality?"

It was quite a strange coincidence to have met Ushijima Wakatoshi. Tendou chuckled a bit before giving his opinion. He placed his sweaty left palm on his mouth, hiding the grin he tried to avoid. His new comrade was interesting, fun to hang out with, and already seems like a nice person. A benign cough escaped Tendou's throat, and the amused young man started speaking in his turn.

" Yes, all the time."

All the time... Tendou realized how heart-rending he sounded. But Ushijima didn't appear to be perturbed by his response. Cars drove by blowing a gale, splattering the two men's pants. Both did not pay attention to the mess the vehicles made. They instead were staring at each other. The vapid expression on the green-eyed man concealed that he wanted to meet Tendou again and go further in their philosophical escapade.

"I know a nice park. If you don't mind, we can spend more time together tomorrow."

It was the first long sentence from Wakatoshi. Unfortunately, he had to leave. Tendou smiled faintly as it was somewhat of a disappointment to be separated from his new friend. The tough man turned his back and smirked before revealing his staggering expression. He apprised a tremendous message.

"You know, people aren't afraid to die. They're afraid to live. So live your life to the fullest, Tendou."

Those words stunned the young university student. Satori blinked his eyes sluggishly, wondering who this man that magically appeared in his life could be. He indeed made him happier, but he was still as peculiar as ever.

*Are you my guardian angel?*

Tendou murmured in his mind. A tiny smile could be seen on his pastel-colored skin. But as soon as he blinked one last time, Ushijima disappeared. As he stood in the middle of the bridge's sidewalk, the bewildered boy smiled with his eyes fully open. The rain started to fall again.

*Who was he?*