chapter 9

It was now 5:57 P.M. Tendou felt much better after getting something to eat and taking a nap afterward. Laying in bed, Satori looked up the window and noticed the stars shining above the city. He desired Ushijima's company. A soft sigh escaped his throat, blowing out a strand of hair lying on his forehead. The young adult placed both of his arms behind his head and was about to close his eyes when he began to daydream. Wakatoshi came up within Satori's mind, causing a sudden urge to go outside and find him. He bounced out of bed and sprinted to the front door. When he arrived at the door, he looked around to check if Semi was there. Once confirmed, he slowly opened the door and closed it softly behind him.

Tendou was strolling along a nearby park, kicking small pebbles around. Accidently, he kicked the rounded grey stone further than expected as it slightly hit someone's shoe. The red-haired boy raised his head, noticing his friend. Tendou stood still, gazing at the approaching green-eyed man lightly smirking before he decided to sprint towards him. He threw himself ontop, giving him the tightest hug he has ever offered before. Relieved that Ushijima existed, Satori could not stop the tears from rolling down his face. Wakatoshi swiftly reacted as he gently wrapped his arms around the crying man. The embrace lasted for a few seconds before Tendou slowly backed away, staying close to his friend's face.

[Listen to: Repeat until death - Novo Amor]

Tendou gradually lifted his left arm to gently caress Ushijima's right cheek as he brushed his other hand against the latter's chest. The infatuated boy stared into Wakatoshi's eyes with intensity while giving him a little smile.

"Never leave me again, please... you're the best thing that ever happened to me. If I ever lose you, I don't know what I would do anymore."

Ushijima nodded and moved Tendou's chin between his thumb and index finger before informing Tendou that he would never do anything to hurt him. Satori leaned for a kiss, but Wakatoshi backed off as he took the man's hand instead. He wanted to show him the park that he mentioned yesterday. Tendou was surprised but relaxed as they started to walk. An incredible garden with blue and red roses appeared in their visions. It smelled like heaven. This scent would remind Tendou of Wakatoshi Ushijima every time he walks by. The stronger man pulled Satori's arm so his body could land against his. As he lifted his arm, hand in hand, Ushijima moved his palm on top of his friend's back. It looked like the pair was starting to slow dance. Wakatoshi leaned and kissed Tendou passionately. His tongue explored the thinner man's mouth as they cuddled, exchanging an ardent french kiss. Both of them slightly smiled in the kiss and as they fell on the wet grass below. Tendou fell gracefully onto Ushijima's torso, as they both laughed. The red-haired boy balanced himself on the ground, laying down on his back. He adjusted his head to look up at his friend, examining his face.

"You're f*uckin' magnificent, Wakatoshi Ushijima."

The man blushed as he heard those words. They sought his soul. He remained silent as he approached Tendou in an attempt to kiss his forehead. He unmistakably was the only one who was able to make Satori cheerful. Whenever they meet, the lonely boy's heart could not help but beat faster than usual. Even only thinking about the tall, sturdy man, Tendou's cheeks flush as bright as a tomato. The two lingered on the cold turf as their conversation continued. Both of them stated that the stars were visible, as they wished to touch them. It was a merry night, till sudden deep thoughts traveled through Satori's mind.

[Listen to: We watched you disappear - Hammock]

"Say, Ushijima."

"You can call me Wakatoshi."

"Okay... Say, Wakatoshi~kun, why do we have to suffer?"

"I see. Well, life is a game that you have to win. There will be obstacles that you have to avoid. But with some, you'll have to fight and be strong. Life isn't easy. Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations."

"Isn't the purpose of our lives to be happy?"

"The way I see it, if you want your life to be all sunshine and rainbows, you'll have to put up with the rain."

Tendou didn't respond. He just looked up at the inky sky, thinking of an idea as an excuse to spend more time with Ushijima. He stood up and spun around, letting the fresh breeze blow on his skin. He whirled and whirled until he felt dizzy, as he was about to collapse. Everything looked fuzzy. Wakatoshi caught him before he fell on the flower field, mentioning to be careful as they aren't allowed to touch the flower blossoms. Satori giggled. Ushijima did not know how good he made him feel. For the first time in his life, Tendou had someone he could trust.

"We are just beautiful people with beautiful problems~."

"Tendou."

"Call me, Satori, beautiful."

"Are you under the influence again?"

"Just drunk on love~."

Ushijima smiled in relief as he brought up the idea of going on the Ferries wheel not too far in the distance. The pair stood up as they began to walk towards the wheel, hand in hand. During their leisure stroll, Ushijima brought up the other night, explaining what happened to him after he fainted in the LED lights room, laughing at the situation. All that could be heard was their joyful crackling. When they arrived at the wheel, Wakatoshi took out his wallet and paid the teller that activated the ride. The latter opened the door for his friend, and they entered the Ferries wheel, hand in hand. As they sat down, their fingers brushed together. Tendou leaned onto Ushijima and rested his head on the man's shoulder, closing his eyes.

"If this is escaping reality, I want this forever~."

Wakatoshi didn't reply. He looked in front of him as the wheel began to move. He looked back at Tendou, who dosed off on his shoulder. As he slept, Ushijima examined his resting face while he stroked the sleeping boy's cold cheeks. He kissed his head. When Satori finally fell asleep, Ushijima finally answered.

"Just don't leave... stay."

The taller man felt tired, gradually closing his heavy eyes. The wheel stopped spinning as they reached the top, their resting faces illuminated by the sunset. An hour past and Ushijima woke up from their slumber. They were now reaching the bottom of the wheel. He slightly shook Satori to wake him up. The latter moaned for a bit as he lifted his head, drooling on his friend's arm. Ushijima informed his companion that it was getting late and it would be better for him to go back home before Semi finds out and gets upset. Tendou reluctantly agreed after giving a small pout. He didn't want to leave Wakatoshi as they only hung out for three hours. But he had school tomorrow, and since he took today off to rest from the wild adventure last night, he had to go. The pair got up and started walking towards his house.

As he arrived home, Tendou climbed the stairs before turning around. He waved goodnight. Ushijima blew a kiss, and Tendou recuperated it. As he was about to go inside, Semi opened the door. Nervous about Semi's reaction to him coming back late two days in a row, Satori apologized right away and bowed. For once, the grey-haired boy didn't mind as he trusted Ushijima. He softly grinned instead, tightly holding him in his arms. One thing was still bothering the Semi, though. Tendou didn't respond to any of his text messages.

"Oh, that. I will have to buy a new phone tomorrow after uni. It broke while I was running yesterday."

The boy felt guilty about informing his roommate about the incident. Semi asked Satori if he wanted to sit down on the couch. The red-haired man slightly glared at his friend before responding.

" I ain't-"

"No-"

"doing this-"

"Tendou, I just wanna watch a movie, haha!"

Satori laughed. Relieved, he kindly refused as he was exhausted. Walking towards the bedroom, the worn-out fellow thought of Ushijima's lips on his. He smiled, glad that he finally got a close friend.