chapter 12

Our two lovers relaxed sitting on a nearby bench, looking at the stars and savoring their taste buds with the frozen flavored water. The illuminated merry-go-round shined on their skin as music followed the rotating movement of the carousel. They stayed silent until Tendou broke the silence by suggesting to go on the ride. It was an excellent idea as the couple galloped towards the toy horses, laughing. Once on firmly set, silence returned as they could only hear air gusting through the orange and yellow leaves. Strong hands wrapped around the bars, muscular thighs against the fake animal, Wakatoshi keenly observed his companion.

[Listen to: Sometimes - Goldmund]

"Satori, remember when I asked if you ever wanted to escape reality?"

Tendou looked in front of him before responding to the green-haired man's question.

"Of course, I think about it every second."

"Yesterday, I had a dream that you left. That your dream of escaping this reality came true; you fulfilled it as you lived your life to the fullest."

The quiet night continued, as the young adult didn't reply. The cold and scammy hand the red-eyed fellow wrapped around the carousel horse's neck, slowly brushing against the shining toy in the direction of his thighs. Lifting his head to contemplate the evening sky, the boy took the deepest breath he has ever taken before yelling out!

"Let's escape together now!"

Ushijima glanced at the man he fell in love with, uncertainty covering his face. Satori slightly turned his head to his left to see his facial expression.

"Let's leave this city, let's go on adventures until the day death separates us. Let's live our lives together, and only the two of us, forever."

"Ok."

Wakatoshi watched on as Tendou's confidence was attractive to the man. He just observed the enthusiastic man with such astonishment in his eyes that he could not think of another word to say other than "ok''. The redhead turned his head anew to study the pitch dark sky and smiled.

"When I was high, I could see everything from another perspective. I felt like I could solve all of my problems, thanks to the dots Semi gave me. That yellow sunshine both destroyed and made my psychology better."

The buff gentleman softly glared at Tendou. He was worried about how joyful the latter sounded talking about the drug. Satori informed him that he wouldn't touch acid anymore. That he had him, Ushijima, by his side. He was sure that their love could solve all of his problems. The avid man jumped off the moving horse and climbed on top of his friend's horse, face to face. He now sat in front of the taller man, looking at him with intense eyes before placing a soft kiss on his left cheek. This was followed by Wakatoshi's tongue entering Tendou's mouth. Satori's adorable peck quickly turned into a slow, passionate kiss. Both of their hand caressing each other's faces as the merry-go-round kept turning. After a few minutes of cuddling, they both pulled away, touching each other's foreheads. Ushijima mentioned that he could steal a pickup truck from his dad. This way, they could fit realistically more stuff inside. Content, both get off, hand in hand, running jointly towards the taller man's house.

Once at the house, Ushijima informed Tendou to stay in the back and hide while he looked for the truck keys. He obeyed and calmly stayed put where his lover told him to. After a couple of minutes, Wakatoshi appeared from the corner of Tendou's eyes. Excited, the man bounced out of his spot and joined Ushijima as they both got in the car. Before they could go any further, they had to stop by Satori's place to pick up some necessary matters. Tendou carefully opened the front door, walking through the hall, glancing around. It wasn't too late. Semi wasn't home yet. Pulling the new phone out of his pocket, he glanced at his text messages. Semi texted him that he was going out to buy some groceries.

Semi:
-Hey! I'm about to buy those ramen and chocolate ice cream you adore so much! We can have a horror movie night since it's spooktober. I'd like to spend some quality time with my non-blood-related brother-

[ Listen to: Numinous - Hammock](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4ODiOO4oAY)

Tendou replied with a smiley face. He thought about leaving a note as he went to grab a piece of paper in one of the kitchen drawers. Tendou left both the note and phone on the kitchen table so Semi would see it when he got home. He walked into the bathroom, grabbed his toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, and hairbrush. When he got to his room, he grabbed a gym bag and put a bunch of random clothes inside. Before leaving his room, he took one last look before crossing the threshold. Softly smiling, he was satisfied with the time he spent there. Walking towards the exit, he felt a sense of melancholia. Closing the door behind him, he sprinted towards Wakatoshi's truck. Ushijima asked if he was alright, to which the saddened man responded;

" I'm great, let's go~."

A couple of minutes passed, and the two lovers were already in the countryside-a road trip to an unknown destination. Tendou sat down near the open back of the pickup, as he lay down on his back. His head was upside down, looking at the road behind him. The upside-down view of the landscape behind the car was illuminated by beautiful orange sunlight. The burning wood scent was pleasing to Satori as he thought about the way he abandoned Semi. Meanwhile, when the latter entered his house and called for Tendou, he saw the note left on the table right after putting down the grocery bags. Puzzled, he picked it up and started reading.

|The past year has been a blessing, thanks to you. You are the brother I never had, the family I deserved, and overall, a good friend. I'm leaving this note to let you know that Wakatoshi will be taking care of me from now on... I'm also leaving my phone. I want to live my life to the fullest with the man I love, without any distractions. I was hoping you could take it as a present. I bought it recently. There is a new contact; Hayato Yamagata. He's a cool dude; you guys could be friends and even new roommates! I am sorry if I'm leaving in a hurry... You once told me we are where we're meant to be. Life leads us on different paths. Mine is with Wakatoshi. I suggest you look for this Shirabu guy again. He seemed to be interested in you! Anyways, this is where I'm taking off, my dear friend. I was glad to be part of your life, and I was happy we had fun times together. Farewell, my friend.|

Tendou closed his eyes as he fell asleep in the back of the truck, under the cool, relaxing breeze. While Semi sat alone at home, with tears rolling down his face, smiling with both a bit of sadness and relief. He was happy that Tendou found someone who made him feel special.

"Farewell, my friend..."