chapter 8

"Hey buddy, are you ok?"

"Helloooo?"

Tendou casually opened his left eye before completely lifting the opposite eyelid. He saw a dark brown-haired boy, blocking the sunlight that was hitting his ghostly skin. The anemic man tried to get up but had difficulties moving his arms and legs. A hand reached out for Satori as he clutched the man's wrist, pulling up to give himself a boost and get on his feet. Tendou's trembling body could hardly stand up. As the man noticed, he couldn't help but share one of the apples he just bought with the sick young adult. Giving Tendou a faintly smile, he introduced himself.

"My name is Hayato Yamagata, you?"

Tendou weakly stated his name. He couldn't speak, and he felt pain whenever he opened his mouth.

"Why do you let yourself get into trouble like that? I mean, I don't know you, but I already pity you. No offense."

Tendou stayed silent, glancing at Hayato from time to time. The brown spiky-haired boy did not appreciate dull people. It frustrated him as he wanted to shape individuals as more robust and more secure people. Satori attempted to bite into the apple, but it was obvious he could not chew normally. Sighing, Hayato took the fruit and pulled out a dagger to cut the rounded red food. Tendou smiled with wide, open eyes. Bringing his hand, which was holding the apple slice, towards the boy, Hayato grinned and tried not to laugh from embarrassment. The debilitated man opened his mouth a little bit and sucked on the apple. This is all he could bring himself to do. Hayato quickly removed his hand, disgusted by Satori's action. Stating that he doesn't swing that way in a joking manner. The little juice that Tendou tasted was enough to give him a bit more energy. He finally had enough strength to say his full name and affirmed that he was hungover, to which Hayato convulsed with laughter. The latter informed Tendou that he had to go to work, so he gave him his phone number and made sure to tell Satori to text him the next time people ganged up on him. He gave another apple to Tendou and left, towards his destination. Confused, Tendou let him go while observing him walking away. What an interesting acquaintance.

Once the puzzled boy safely made it back home, Semi wondered what took him so long. As soon as he walked inside, he examined his roommate's wounds and immediately rose to his feet, sprinting towards him.

"Yo, WHAT THE HELL?!"

Tendou just stared at Semi with a smile, placing the apple Hayato gave him in his friend's hands. He then turned around and walked towards his room. Semi astonishingly looked at the situation, not knowing what to say.