| 002 | catch me now (i'm falling)

________________________________
"catch me now i'm falling
           falling in love"
                                                        - pretty poison
________________________________

YOU HAD WOKEN UP from a nap you took right as you arrived home. luckily, you woke up in time to get ready to head over to the donnelly's. you threw on something comfortable: a tank top, sweatpants, and some sneakers. once you were finished, there was a knock at the door, so you walked downstairs and opened it.

"hey, you ready?" gary asked you.

"yeah, let me tell my parents real quick." you ran to the living room where your parents sat watching some sort of game show. you let them know where you were going, in which they just simply nodded and told you to tell the donnellys they said hello.

after a fifteen minute walk, you and gary arrived at wyatt's house. gary rung the doorbell and wyatt opened it quickly. "hey guys," he greeted.

"hey," you and gary said in unison.

you both walked in and wyatt led you to his bedroom. you and wyatt sat next to each other on one of his beds and ate some burnt popcorn as you watched an old horror movie. gary was in the bathroom attempting to shave while talking to wyatt. "where did your parents say they were?"

"cincinnati. they're meeting the guy my sister wants to marry."

"chloe? who the hell would want to marry chloe?"

"gary, be nice." you scolded, rolling your eyes.

"he's studying to be a vet," wyatt added. "try not to make a mess in there, gary. the maid doesn't come til monday."

"you know, i don't understand something, wyatt," you rolled your eyes at the boys once more. you were trying to enjoy the movie but it was hard as their voices were louder than the television. "how come all of a sudden your parents trust you, man? they never let you do shit before."

"chet's coming home from college for the weekend." this caught your attention immediately. you hated wyatt's older brother. he was such a pig and always harassed wyatt whenever he got the chance. "they trust him. he's in charge."

"chet?" you and gary yelled in unison.

"oh shit! you know, i can't believe this, wyatt. i really wish that you told us this before we agreed to sleep over. you know how we feel about chet. i mean, how do you put up with that guy?" gary complained.

"if i don't, he beats the shit out of me." this caused you to roll your eyes. he seriously needs to stick up for himself. "it's a habit he picked up in military school."

"habit my ass, wyatt. he's always been a douche and you know it. it's such bullshit." you said.

"yeah. i mean, how do you put up with that putz?"

"what can i say, gary? he's very protective of me."

"nice relationship," said gary sarcastically while walking out of the bathroom. he stepped over the bed you and wyatt were sitting on and took the bowl of popcorn.

"hey! i wanted more." you glared at the blonde making him shrug in response and eat some.

all of your attention was now finally on the television. there you have his mad dream. look! there's nothing to fear. look, no blood, no decay, just a few stitches. go on. fix the electrodes. you'll have plenty to be afraid of when the night's over. the storm will be magnificent. all the electrical secrets of heaven. and this time we're ready. hey, fritz? gary got up from the bed and walked over to the screen. let's have one final test. throw the stitches. here is this machine i have discovered the great ray that first brought life into the world. and look, here's the final touch. you watched as the man uncovered frankenstein. the brain of a dead man waiting to live again in a body i made with my own hands.