Old Enemy New Tactics

Back at the Junkyard, Chief investigates to see if he can find anything related to the remnants of the Covenant. Reports say they are still around fighting pirates and smugglers in the area. Ki adi mundi stays nearby supporting the Chief in his investigations.
_______________________
The gunship hovered nearby as the lights shined onto the scraps of an UNSC ship. "Anything, sir?" The pilot asked through his comms.

A few clones came out through the open bay doors while carrying small crates with them. "Yeah, we got some things." One of the clones said. "Mostly equipment and helmets."

"I get the slug throwers and these plasma weapons, but why the helmets?" A clone asked.

One answered, "Apparently they have some kind of data on them."

"Videos." Cortana said through their coms. "It might help determine how we actually got here."

"Or what happened to them." Chief said coming out one of the access ports that was forced open.

"Hey so when are we looking through the Covenant ships?" A clone asked. "I would love to be able to see what all of this chatter is about some dangerous aliens."

A clone scoffed, "You wouldn't survive against a commando driod let alone whatever those things are."

Chief let them talk. He remembered how marines were when they wanted to fight.

The soldiers all got in the gunship and secured the cargo. The squad groaned a little since they didn't have that much room. The cargo was supposedly more important.

"Alright we're just about done here. Heading back to the ship." The pilot said as he started to fly back.

Ki adi mundi came on the horn, "Good. We're trying to navigate through and get closer to some of the bigger ships."

The Spartan remembered he himself told the general that would be a bad idea and Cortana said the same thing. This Jedi however seems to be a little stubborn for a General.

"He seems to think he can do anything without consequence." The AI mumbled under her breath. "And with my bit or research on him, I just may be right."

"Sadly." Chief muttered.

The Jedi smiled while on the bridge. "I must say we may be here for a while. We can scrap so much for more supplies. No wonder so many wanted to keep this place secure."

"And it will be more secure if you listen to what we said." Cortana said in a snarky tone. "Going through here won't be good."

"With all due respect I know what our ships can take. Our fighters and turbolasers will surprise any-"
And then static.

Everyone goes quiet for a moment before quickly testing their communications. "Nothing is working." A clone commander said.

The Spartan then quickly said, "We need to get to the ship. Covenant weapons give out so much radiation that it makes communicators useless."

The clone punched it. The gunship blew past the heaps of scrap as they headed back. The pilot noticed he can't even track the Venator anymore. It didn't matter though as he found it. It was being glassed by a cruiser. A laser of red meting through the hanger. It was so bright the pilot couldn't look directly at the laser. He at first didn't even see the breacher bording parties leaving the cruiser.

They crashed through the Venator guns and into the side hangers. Many phantoms dive down into the blown open hanger after the glassing beam was finished. 

"Hang on!" The clone pilot yelled as he went to one of the side hangers and shot missiles into one of the breachers ships. It fell and crumbled, making the hanger door open. The gunship sped inside before stopping and landing. All of the clones dropping down with Chief following. Their boots magnetizing to the floor. They ran to the door and turned on the shield to the large side hanger door.  Chief grabbed two SMGs that were on his thighs. "I'm heading to the bridge. Don't bother getting the air back. There's too many breaches. Head ead to the hanger but just secure the entrance." He said before running ahead.

The clones looked at eachother before the commander stepped forward. "We all read about this "Covenant" threat. Let's show them the might of the clone army!"
"Sir yes sir!" They all yelled before sprinting to the hanger.

Chief heard a mix of blaster fire, plasma, and normal fire arms going off. He ran through the tight hallways before seeing a pair skirmishers running. They saw the demon and hissed before running away. 
"Since when did they just run?" Cortana asked.

Chief didn't say anything as he didn't even worry about them. Getting the Jedi is more important. He stopped as he saw said Jedi and a few clones behind them.

Ki Adi Mundi with a suit on sliced through a few jackles before seeing he was clear. "Get to the hanger! We need to stop them from taking everything."

"I'm sorry what?" Cortana asked confused. "Wait they're stealing from us? We did all of the work and now they're taking it? Those bastards."

"Let's head their now." Chief said running back to the hanger with everyone following.

Ahead many clones were trying to open the door to the main hanger. Nothing worked. Many clones all around were dealing with light resistance. "Only grunts and a few jackles." A clone said. "I figured they would try to send something more then just that to take over the ship."

"That's not what they're planning." The commander said. "They only want what we have. If I had only a small army, I wouldn't be trying to take everything. Only what I need before disappearing."

They looked back to see their General. "Stand back!" He yelled before stabbing his lightsaber into the door and started to cut open a hole.

"The Venator is pretty much clear." Cortana said. "The actual brutes of the force is through that hanger."

"Many are on their way here." The commander said. "We're ready for this fight."

"Then get ready." The Jedi said as he finished. He pulled back his saber before pushing his hand forward.
The solid peice of metal moved a few inches. It fell but it leaned on whatever was currently bording the doors. "They really want us in there." He said before pushing more with the force. The debris moved as then many clones poured through the hole.

Chief ran in and jumped over the pile of crates and gear before seeing one final phantom leave. He walked and got a clear view of the hole. The cruiser above them leaving as the last ships boarded back on the cruiser. Chief could only sigh.

The clones looked around. Barely any fighters. No bombers. Most of their armory for said starfighters are gone. "Why would they need any of this?" A clone asked.

"I think we'll find out soon." Cortana mumbled.