⋆ SIX ⋆

9th November 2019

Maisie hadn't known Niko very long, approximately two conversations worth of time actually, but she already knew a few things about him. First, he was very good at bullshitting his way out of any situation, and second, he was very good at going missing.

By missing, she meant that every time she turned around he seemed to be gone. Once again she had lost the tall man, not being tall enough herself to see him through the densely packed crowd.

Everywhere around her, there seemed to be interviews going on with people celebrating and shouting about how proud they were of their friend. Her eyes flickered back over to her seat, or as much of it that she could see through the crowd. Where she expected to see Ray, she saw empty seats, random people loitering around making their way out.

"Maisie!" A voice called to her, catching her attention through the noise, "Maisie!" They shouted again after she spun around, not being able to find them.

That's when she saw a certain kilt-wearing man waving her over. Cal was stood with a few other people and a TV crew, 'SkySports' logos stuck to all of the equipment.

An interview; the very thing she was trying to avoid.

Slowly, she made her way over, her eyes quickly flicking to her phone in hopes of there being a text from Mike, giving her a solid reason to leave, but alas nothing.

"Cal, hey" she greeted him with a smile before looking to the others. There were three shorter boys, all wearing different variations of suits, each one of them smiling at her and holding a mic to their mouths, the recognisable red and blue logo on them too.

"Hi, would you be able to do an interview real quick? say no if you want" he spoke quickly, his eyes flicking between the camera and the blond-haired girl.

Maisie took a second to think.

Logan, and all of his team, would be pushing her away from them if they were there. It probably wasn't the best idea to be talking to these people who were clearly on KSI's side and would probably take any opportunity to bash Logan whilst she was talking to them.

"Sure..." she spoke slowly, looking towards one of the men in a blue suit who stood closest to her.

"Great, I'm Gib, this is Ethan and Joe" he quickly pointed to the others, laughing quite loudly as the one in a white button-up shirt, Ethan, as he shouted 'seven-figure Gibber' over him.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Maisie" They nodded before talking, mostly between themselves whilst she nodded along, not sure what they were talking about.

"What about you?" Joe asked her, moving the mic in front of her, only to be met with a blank face.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Did you expect JJ to win?" He asked again. Maisie's eyes flickered between the three men, noticing Ethan's eye contact with Cal almost as if he was rolling his eyes.

"I came to support my friend and be there for him win or lose, unfortunately, it was a loss but it shows me how hard KSI worked and he deserved it" Maisie danced around her words, knowing that she figuratively stood in enemy territory, not that she wanted to be a line drew between them, "at the end of the day they both put on an amazing show and did bits for the community, so who cares who won"

"But JJ did win," Cal cut in, laughing loudly, "the boy did it" clearly he was drunk.

"He did..." Maisie agreed, nodding through a tight-lipped smile. She understood that Cal was excited for his friend, but it did seem a bit backhanded, "and congratulated to him, he deserves it and will be moving on to much better things"

"I just can't believe he really did it," Joe spoke, every word articulated, " I did not expect that"

"You weren't backing your boy?" Maisie raised an eyebrow, cocking her head at Joe as he spoke. Logan and Jake had mentioned a few times that KSI had fought with Joe a few years prior and that Joe had lost horribly. So she could see why he would be bitter, however, no matter how much pent up anger he had about the situation he still should have believed in JJ.

"Oh-oh, I like her" Ethan laughed loudly, throwing his head back as he grabbed onto Gib's shoulder.

"No...no, I-" Joe started to defend himself but couldn't be heard over Ethan, Cal and Gib's shouting.

Maisie zoned out as they started a new topic for the interview, Ethan starting a rant about how proud he was of JJ, it was sweet really.

Then her eyes travelled across the ring, finally being able to see more as people vacated, however, the arena was still packed. Finally, they settled on Niko, a camera in his face as he held onto a mic, talking passionately. Her eyes weren't focusing on him, though, they were focusing on the boy next to him, a large smile on his face.

Not just any boy, the boy.

Niko knew him, Cal also knew him as they were sat together earlier.

It was insane to her how close their paths were to crossing yet how far away they seemed. Sure, she had only met these people tonight, but knowing that they knew even simple things about the mysterious blond boy was infuriating.

They knew his name, at least.

And that's where she wanted to start.

———————
Written: 4th January 2021
Published: 7th January 2021
This is like my favourite story to write atm oops
Remember don't be ghost reader pls vote and comment anything you want to see :)