ELEVEN

𝙔/𝙉 𝘽𝙀𝙂𝘼𝙉 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙂 a shield around herself as she explained the details to kaminari

𝙔/𝙉 𝘽𝙀𝙂𝘼𝙉 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙈𝙄𝙉𝙂 a shield around herself as she explained the details to kaminari. "try not to touch these with your electricity. but electrocute everything else within this area."

"okay!" he agreed, a determined smile on his face as y/n sat on a nearby chair with her shield for protection. he charged himself up, covered himself with electricity and touched a chair.

the loud shocking sound made y/n jump slightly.  however, when she looked around her, she realised he finally did it.

"yayyy! you did it, finally!" y/n cheered. "this is our... fourty-second try. wow, we've been at it for 2 whole hours." she let out an exhausted puff of air. "i'm tired."

"should we take a break?" kaminari suggested with a huge smile on his face.

"we can, but can you try one last thing?"

kaminari looked a little confused, but nodded anyway. "okay."

"can you paralyse people when you come into contact with them? enough to hurt them or shock them but not enough to kill them?"

"i think i can do that," he rubbed the back of his neck in uncertainty.

"okay, try it on me."

"what?" he exclaimed. "no! why? what if i mess up?"

"trust me, you won't." y/n volleyed him a reassuring smile, although she herself was quite shaken up over the fact that she was going to let him try his quirk on her— without a shield. they had to see if the effect would work— they didn't want to kill as aspiring heroes. and no one else would volunteer themselves for this.

"...okay, i'll try it." kaminari said. if she ends up way too hurt, i'm going to kill myself for it.

kaminari covered himself with electricity— he tried his very best to control the amount— and placed his hand on y/n's shoulder.

almost immediately, he caught her in his other hand as she fell. she was, indeed, paralysed— but well and alive, breathing. he didn't know how to check for her pulse so he just bent down near her nose to confirm she was breathing.

he heaved a sigh of relief, slinging her body over his shoulder and walking to recovery girl's office, just in case anything else was wrong.

y/n's eyes fluttered open, the blurred vision of a blonde haired boy coming into view. she blinked a few more times, vision adjusting to the light.

kaminari was looking at her with a smile and two thumbs up. 'it worked!' he mouthed.

"am i well enough to go?" y/n asked recovery girl. she nodded.

y/n, with the help of kaminari, got off the bed and walked back in the direction of their dorm rooms.

"i wanna sleep," y/n yawned. she dragged her limbs after her as if they were on shackles. her eyelids were heavy and kept falling closed until she realised she was still walking.

"you wanna sleep in my room?" kaminari asked, leading her to his room.

"mm-hmm. i'm gonna shower first."

after she took a shower, she climbed into kaminari's bed, smiling when his scent enveloped her. why is his bed more comfortable than mine? what am i doing wrong?

she tried to sleep, but right before she was about to start dreaming, her eyelids shot open. she groaned, turning to face the other side. i feel like i'm missing something.

"hey... uh," kaminari entered the room after his shower, slipping on a shirt from his closet. "there's only one bed."

"mm-hmm."

"this is my room."

"mm."

"guess i'll just sleep on the floor—"

"do whatever you want." y/n opened an eye.

kaminari pouted.

"fine, i'll scoot over. and then we can sleep at the edges of the bed, and hope we don't fall off, or—"

"or we could cuddle," he interrupted.

"tha—" she paused. "that doesn't sound too bad right now..."

he beamed, getting into bed beside her. as soon as he lay down, y/n wrapped her arms around him, burying her head in the crook of his neck. "you smell good," she commented.

"of course i do, i just showered," he answered with a shit-eating grin. "night, love."

"goodnight," she said in response.

oh, this is what i was missing.

a/n: i completely forgot how my bakugo book went. like i dont even remember how i wrote it. pls help