FOURTEEN

𝙄𝙏 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙁𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙃 in the morning when y/n went to kaminari's dorm to find him

𝙄𝙏 𝙒𝘼𝙎 𝙁𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙃 in the morning when y/n went to kaminari's dorm to find him. to give him his usual good morning's, hugs and such. "baby? are you there?" she asked as she pushed open the door slightly.

he didn't look at her, didn't acknowledge her. he simply played with the basketball in his hands, twirling it on a finger, then stopping it.

y/n blinked but chose not to get angry or sad or frustrated because perhaps he just didn't hear her. "denki," she repeated, but she didn't get a response. she was sure he was ignoring her— but why?

walking forward, she tapped his shoulder, a little upset. he jumped, looked up, then gave her a half-smile. "hey, l/n."

the use of her last name felt like a cold slap to the face and she could slowly feel herself losing it. "kami," she said, not being able to bring herself to call him by his full name. "what is this about?"

he looked hurt that she called him kami, like he didn't just address her by her last name himself. "what? what do you want?" he asked in a sort of whiny voice, like he didn't want her around.

"i don't—" y/n started, then frowned. "i'm— what is up with you? what did i do?"

she saw kaminari's expression change from stoic to confused, but she thought it was an act. "you didn't do anything wrong. what are you—"

she raised her voice, "can you drop the act? tell me what i did. is this about last night? todoroki? i'm sorry if that hurt you— it was staged. staged, so you would kiss me instead. i didn't kiss him, didn't plan to. what makes—"

she stopped abruptly when she saw kaminari's eyes glisten with tears. "stop yelling at me... please," he said in a small voice like he was scared, scared of the person he was supposed to be able to trust, to rely on.

"i—i'm sorry." y/n backed away, unconsciously forming a shield around herself. she turned around to walk out. "i can't do this right now."

denki sat alone in his room after all classes were over. he was at a loss of what to do— he doesn't even remember why they fought. as much as he tried, he couldn't remember the context of their argument, what he did, why he started it in the first place. he was only aware enough to know that he had been jealous— again for a reason he forgot— and that y/n was probably really mad.

he was frustrated, frustrated with himself. upset with his memory that constantly failed him. he wanted to apologise, to find y/n and talk it out, but he didn't even know what to apologise for.

as he contemplated, he fidgeted uncontrollably with his stuffed toy. he could feel little sparks of electricity going off from his fingers, but he was used to it and knew it was out of stress.

slowly, he got up, walking to y/n's room. he stood outside, lifting a hand to knock but letting it fall to his side instead. he hesitated. he didn't want to say something wrong because he didn't want to lose her, but he would have to talk it out with her sooner or later— just that dragging it for later would cause more damage to their relationship.

he squeezed his eyes shut, and knocked three times. he didn't dare to open them, not even when he heard the door creak open. he prepared himself for shouting or the worse that he could imagine, until he feels a pair of soft arms wrap around him.

he could feel his hoodie dampening from y/n's tears as he opened his eyes in surprise. "i'm sorry," he heard her say as she cried into his chest. "i— i shouldn't have yelled at you. i shouldn't have—"

she shut up when she felt him pat her head. one, two, three times. "i'm sorry. i don't know what happened. i don't remember. but please forgive me, y/n. whatever i did, i didn't mean to do it."

she nodded against his chest. "can you forgive me too?"

"love, there's nothing to forgive. you did nothing wrong," he said, like he was surprised that she was asking for his forgiveness, like the fact that she was even apologising was absurd.

y/n managed a small smile through her glassy eyes. "you're so perfect," she mumbled. "let's not fight again, okay?"

"okay."

a/n his memory
fails him because
his brain fries so often