SIXTEEN

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀 𝘿𝘼𝙔𝙎 they had left passed by in the blink of an eye

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀 𝘿𝘼𝙔𝙎 they had left passed by in the blink of an eye. mostly, denki and y/n either spent time alone together or they would go shopping with the class because todoroki wanted to max out his father's credit card.

countless hours were spent on simply crying, because when one of them got emotional, the rest teared up, too.

when y/n was busy, and denki was left alone, he would try to drown out his thoughts by playing basketball. just by throwing the ball through the hoop over and over, he found that it was distracting enough to give him a serene mind.

the days had a dearth of happiness, however, because they were so aware that it was all going to end soon. how long could five days last?

y/n didn't want to let the solace that she found within denki's presence go.

before they knew it, time had flown by and it was the day y/n had to leave the country.

she could already feel her heart sinking when she packed her luggage. her thoughts were all messed up and i don't want to go i don't want to go and that was all she could think of. since morning, she'd been thinking about reasons to stay— but after going through each of them like they were scenarios in her head, she found that she didn't have a choice either way.

by nightfall, she was crying, sobbing into denki's arms. "i don't want to leave you," she said, out loud, like that would miraculously change anything.

she could feel his grip on her tighten. "i don't want you to leave me either, love," he replied.

most of the class came to the airport with y/n, bidding farewell to her. denki couldn't accept it but waved goodbye to her anyway. 'don't think about it,' he warned himself. hence, he actively chose to ignore the fact that it would be around 2 months when he could touch her again. he actively ignored the fact that they could grow apart and eventually call it quits. he ignored all the incessant thoughts that resounded through his head.

except, actively ignoring something also meant he was actively noticing it, so he was aware that he was going to miss y/n a ton.

y/n wiped a tear from his face with her hand. "hey, seeing you cry hurts me. let's make this goodbye a happy one, so that i can leave with happy memories of you."

he nodded. sniffed once or twice. she truly was a positive thinker— he really admired that about her.

y/n smiled, although her eyes had a layer of tears and he could basically see his own reflection in it. "my parents are waiting over there," she whispered, pointing her index finger at an older couple standing somewhere further away. their eyes crinkled at the corners when they smiled, her mother waving at them. y/n waved back. "baby, i'm gonna have to go now."

he lifted her hair, pressing his lips to her forehead. "i'll miss you. call me when you arrive at your destination...?"

"sure," she aggressively wiped her eyes. already beginning to walk backwards, she waved to denki, and the rest of the class. then, turning around, she rushed forward to give her parents a hug.

just when denki was about to turn to leave, he turned around at the mention of his name. "denki!"

y/n struggled to make a heart with her fingers, and when she succeeded she showed it to him, stretching her arms outward. "i love you!!"

he cupped his hands round his mouth in order to echo his voice. "i love you too!"

with that, she seemed satisfied, and turned around. she didn't look back anymore when she heard the announcement, "would all passengers travelling to busan on flight FR3421 please have your boarding passes and passports ready for boarding. flight FR3421, now boarding at gate 21."

a/n i have no idea
how flight announcements
sound like ^.^