CHAPTER SEVENTY. CONGRATULATIONS PRINCESS!

In the deepening silence of the night, with the sound of wild creatures howling from time to time, a lonesome silhouette moved through the trees, agile and silent like a wild cat, steps unheard, gone in the moment of a second.
When the sun kissed the land the next morning the trace of that shadow from that night was nowhere to be found.

"Still no signs of approach?" An angry voice echoed in an empty hallway, with guards kneeling on the floor with their heads down.

"No, Princess. We have been on guard and there is still no signs or movements of someone entering our kingdom." The head guard replied.

Havia was irritated. She threw the glass in her hand towards the head guard.

Pang!

The glass shattered on the guard's head, his forehead bleeding with fresh blood.

"Useless!" She screamed at them. "Scram!"

The guards respectfully bowed to her before withdrawing back.

Havia picnched her chin aggressively. "Ah...wait.... What about the kid we brought back with us?"

"Replying to princess he is still being kept in that room and starved without food or water." Came the guard's reply.

"Forget it. Just kill him already. He is useless anyway since he didn't help me lure out what I wanted to see." Havia waved her hand impulsively.
That kid....it was such a waste to kidnap him if he wasn't going to be of any use. She was very angry right now.
"Cutting his one finger was not enough. Even torturing him won't be enough to quench my anger right now. Bring the boy here right now!"

"Yes. Princess."

During this time they had yet to realise what was coming their way.

Down in the dungeon the sound of footsteps echoed through the cell. The sound halted near a prison cell.

Pang!

With a single chop the lock of the cell was shattered to pieces.

"Who are you?" Hevel was alarmed by someone suddenly intruding in his cell. He couldn't see the face of the person because it was hiding behind the shadows. However as the person walked towards him the light illuminated the intruder's face.
"!!!" Hevel was shocked to see this face. It wasn't that he knew this person but that face was something that he would never forget.

"You are alive?" He asked the boy before him.

"Why didn't you escape? All this time, you could easily run away if you wished to or even send your king a secret message." The boy berated him nonchalantly as if they had spoken a few times already.

Hevel was taken aback. "I was investigating and setting up some things. Anyway, what are you doing here?" He stared at the boy who had defeated General Gale, tarnishing the late general's fame to a pile of dust.
"It seems like a lot has happened since I left my kingdom."
Hevel then noticed the small kid that Hitomu was holding. It was a boy who was curled up in his arms, sleeping soundly.

They walked out of the cell.

Clank!

Hitomu casually threw down the keys of the prison cells. The nearby inmates went crazy, trying to get a hold of the keys through various means.

"Get the key!"

"The keys...."

Hevel looked back at the prisoners trying to get the keys. "Is it okay to do that?"

Hitomu did not reply. He stroked Shun's back softly, comforting the kid's trembling body.
"Hold him for a while. I have some debt to collect." He handed over Shun to Hevel.

The other person was confused a bit. But he still took the kid in his arms. Shun whimpered a bit while the action was done.

"Shhh....it's okay. Go back to sleep." Hitomu hummed softly. The whimpering stopped.

"Hitomu. That's your name right?" Hevel asked. "Anyway, what debt are you talking about?"
As soon as he mentioned this he sensed the sudden change on the other's face.

"Go straight down the base of the dungeon. You will find a tunnel there connected to the coast of the sea. Leave ahead of me. I will catch up will you real quick." He replied.
There was a murderous gaze in his eyes as he stared down, his eyes leaking the killing intent in them, his body oozing out with an ominous aura.

"!!" Cough. Cough. Hevel stopped himself from asking anything any further.

"Man that was some dangerous face he was making." Hevel exclaimed heaving a long sigh. In a split second the person was gone from his sight of vision.

"Nggg......." The small kid in his arms whimpered again.

Hevel awakwardly rubbed Shun's back trying to ease the boy in sleep. It worked. As he started to walk away he could hear the prisoners shout happily.

"Ahh....the keys!"

"Hurry up, open it!"

"Mine too!"

Meanwhile Havia was setting some stuff on the table. She rubbed her hands together warming them up for the things she was about to do next.

"Princess!"

Hm? She turned around to see the guards running through the door.

"What is it?" She clicked her tongue annoyed by them.

BOOM!

BOOOOM!

The floor of the hall was shaken up.

"!!!" Havia was alarmed. She dashed outside to see what has happened.
What greeted her eyes was the sight of fire.

Kaboom!

Parts of the palace was on fire.

"Hah!" She had a crazed expression on her wicked face. "He is here. Finally." She ran back inside to retrieve her sword. Just as she was about to grab the hilt of her sword a voice fell near her ears.

"Did I make you wait too long?"

Havia jumped away in an instant. The magnitude of the voice gave her the chills. She finally got to see the face of the person she was curious about. Now that she had seen him she clicked her tongue. "Che! Only this?"

But the moment she spoke she felt a hand grab her hair from the back.

It happened in an instant, so quick that there was no room for any reaction.

Thuweck!

Her face was shoved down, onto the floor, with so much crushing power that the sound of her face hitting the ground reverberated in the room with a squashing sound.
Pain instantly greeted her without any warning.

Hitomu lifted her head off the ground a little bit. He stared down at the back of her head.

"Congratulations princess. You are the first person to make me this angry in two lifetimes. So embrace yourself to take in all the wrath that you have earned."

These words sent shivers down her spine. Even without turning her eyes to look up at the disfigured face she knew that he was looking down at her with eyes that could stab her death.