chapter thirty-eight

Sage's POV

I met with Liz who was waiting for me. I looked over to her and she was with Rezo. They were also together this morning "Liz you ready?" Rezo looked at me and his eyes spotted a parting gift from Marco. "Someone had fun" I flipped her off

"You and Rezo huh?" she laughed nervously "Nooo he no we are friends yea no" she rambled when she was lying "I don't judge" we walked over to her car. "Shit Marco" she looked at me confused "We switched cards he has mine, hold up"

I ran up to his office where he should be, a smile appeared just remembering what happened "GO" who pissed him off so easily. "Let me show you, show you what you have been missing" Brianna. I opened the door. She was on her knees, Marco looked at me shoved Brianna "Amore- it's" I walked over to the whore.

She was still on the floor. I pushed her head into the wall, no one takes what mine. I stepped on her leg with my heel. "Listen whore" I picked her face up to see me "You ever go near Marco, without me or someone present. Strictly business, or so help you soul I will personally pull the trigger"

I walked out, not before giving Marco his card "I need my card for lunch" he took out his wallet and handed it to me. I put it in my purse. Look at a throwing knife. I aimed and hit her grazing her ear. "Let that be a warning"

I walked out. Marco was hot on my tail. "Rezo," I nodded, "Sage" Marco called out, pulled my arm. "Yes" he looked guilty "I am sorry, nothing happened I promise I told her to leave" I smiled, slapping the absolute shit out of him.

At least that what my hand felt like "I deserve that" I smiled again Rezo flinched. "That was for letting her get close, your mine and only mine. I know nothing happened. I heard you telling her to leave. I know" I kissed his cheek where I slapped him. "Bipolar asses"

I scolded Rezo, he shrugged. "I will see you at home, I love you" I kissed his hand with the ring on it. Like he did me and walked out.

I and Liz went to a small cafe. It was a small drive.

We sat and talked and she filled me in, she and Rezo have been on a couple of dates. He asked her out after they fought. Like physically ever since then they have been 'together' not wanting to call it a relationship but that's what it is.

I laughed when she told me about her sneaking out, she said she almost ran into Alice half-naked. Then actually ran into Alice and Enzo, she just froze. Me and Marco were having 'quality time' so we didn't know.

After all the talk we got serious. "Liz, our first and maybe last mission is in a couple of days" she smiled softened "Don't say that S. we will make it alive and healthy." I smiled and nodded "If I don't," she scolded me "Give this to Marco" it was a letter in case I died. I want him to know everything and more.

"Sage" I smiled "Please, if we make it out I will burn it but just in case he needs to know how much he meant to me" she nodded "You really love him huh?" I nodded "More than life itself" she laughed "I want that" she was a good person she will have it. I just know she will whether that be with Rezo or not.

We ordered, stuffed our faces. Headed back to base, we had to watch over the groups.

We both walked in, people stared. Brianna was talking to Adria, she walked over and handed me my knife. "Thank You" I smiled as she rolled her eyes. "What was that?" I shrugged "Story for another time"

We chatted with the guys who also passed, Ralph came over and gave us hugs "Sage looking sexy as always" he chuckled "Watch it she still is with the boss" his smile faded as mine grew. After a couple of hours, we parted our ways.

I walked over to the weapon's place. I forget what they call it but I call it 'Mother of all mothers' it was loaded. I walked in, saw Marco, and hugged him from behind. "What are you doing here?" I let out a sight "I had to watch the newcomers, and I wanted to see if you were ready" he put down the gun and nodded "Let me get my coat."

I waited for him, people were leaving I would wave at them. Brianna walked out with Adria and stopped "Sage" and my head turned "Look what I did was unprofessional, he loves you. I know that now, I am truly sorry. No games, I have feelings for him and care about him, I guess it was hard to think about but he found the one. Treat him right"

She walked out. Then came Marco. He walked over and put his arm around me. Home here we go.

"I want to take you somewhere" he looked down and at me "Where" I held my hand out. He was nervous but gave it to me.

I didn't know if I would be coming back, I had a feeling I guess. I want him to meet my dad. This was a perfect time. I wanted him to know that I loved him, he knew yes but just an extra push. Plus if I do end up dying at least he can talk to my dad.

"Sage we have been driving for exactly an hour where we are going" I took the exit, it was only five so we had time. I pulled in and parked. We both got out. He was very confused, but it snapped in his mind.

"Meet my dad, Silis, dad meet my boyfriend Marco." Marco smiled at me "Hello sir, pleasure meeting you. I want to say that I love you daughter very much, she is the best thing that has happened to me" I laughed "Can I have a moment with your old man" I nodded

"See you soon dad, love you" I waited for him in the car. He finally got in. "Thank you for letting me meet him" he placed a kiss on my head. We drove home in silence but a good silence.

We finally got home, we saw everyone laughing. In the living room. We walked in and everyone was jolly. They were my family, so is Marco. They were all drinking, telling stories, we joined in. Sitting on the couch. This was perfect, everyone was together.