chapter forty-five

Sage's POV

It has been almost a month, with the same thing every day. I get up, walk around, eat, sleep, get back up, and run a little. Well, that is what I did the other day, I went on a short run like a 30-minute one.

Everyone would leave during the day, so I was home bored out of my mind, I was just so bored. It may sound like the best thing sitting and eating, watching nonstop shows or movies. No, it is not I will end up getting fat.

So you know what I did, I walked up stair to our room, I moved back up there once I awoke, fucking hospital bed sucked ass. At this point there was barely a pain, the doc said I could go back to doing things but I would have to ease into it.

I took another shower, they were soothing. I washed my hair and body, stepped out, and dried off. I went to my closet. Picked out a nice suit, always had to go in style. I was putting my clothes on when I saw my infamous scar or two of them.

It was not noticeable by the shot itself but I had a mark from them taking the bullet out. I threw on my shirt, heals which felt like a stranger, and walked out. I decided to wear more color. I chose a teal color sort of. Emberlyn picked it out a while ago, it has been in the back of my closet since she got it. I liked black or white. Neutral colors too.

To base we go, Marco won't be happy but doc said I would be fine plus I am not fighting just 'observing' sort of. Driving I definitely missed, I took Blade, Luca fixed him up and made him awesome, an understatement.

I got it turned on, had to adjust my settings. Marco had been in here, I wonder how he acted. When I was gone. After a little I drove off, going 100 down the road.

I approached the gates, the guards looked around. Chris was the gatekeeper. "Are you guys going to let me in or do I need to call someone" Chis was a little surprised. "Holy shit you alive" I laughed "Yea, and I would love to go to the base so if you could open the gate" he nodded and proceeded to open it.

I drove up, parked the car. I am the definition of excited, I missed this place and the people. I grabbed my bag and entered. It was like most people saw a ghost, I made my way to the conference room.

Opening the door, everyone started cluelessly. "Hey, guys" looking at Marco "My love" he looked a little mad. "Thank god, I was wondering when your ass was coming back" Elijah spoke "Marco was a real pain, when his mood changed to happy we were scared" I laughed

"Now we know why he is happy" Ralph added on. I got a welcome back, headed to Mr. Grumpy's office. He said he would meet me here, in a little. Well, a little turned into a while and I got bored.

I walked around, everything the way I felt it, I ended up in the training room. I walked in and there were some new faces and old ones. Scout saw me and said hello.

I walked around looking at everyone, I got some looks, only because I was a random person no one has ever seen. People talked.

"Is she new or something"

"I bet she won't last a day"

"Why is she wearing that"

I found the new bitchy bunch. Being talked about in your own safe space is not good.

"Just because you whisper doesn't mean I can't hear you dumbass" I laughed and turned to them "She speaks" I smile "She does" she got closer "Let's see what you got newbie" Scout approached, perfect.

I held my hand up telling Scout to stop. "Let's see what you got" I smiled, I can be nice. We walked on the mat, I missed this.

I took my jacket off, and shoes. Stepped on, held my hands up. She charged with no purpose, I just turned. She stopped and turned, kicked with her back foot, I caught it and pulled. She fell. The smile on my face grew, this was going to be easy and boring.

I offered my hand to help her, she took it and pulled me to the ground. "Playing dirty? Can't win far" She started to punch, I blocked most of them. She hit me right and it still hurt. I hissed. It wasn't that it hurt by more so when you hit your funny bone feeling. She got up and laughed

I got up, "That's all you got" I laughed as she threw a punch. Missing I threw two one to the face, the other to her stomach. I kicked her back, she went falling on the ground again. I should show some sympathy. 

"ENOUGH" Shit. I looked up and saw Mr.Grumpy. I looked down, grabbed her again, and punched her, with the hand that had my ring on it. That was for playing dirty.

I got up, walked to grab my things. I could tell I was getting rusty, too slow. All well, win, lose. I am here. I stood in front of Marco and smiled "REally Sage, stop being so STUPID, you could have got hurt. Why are you even here?" 

I scoffed "I am HERE because the doc said I was RELEASED. I am okay to do things like this, and STOP YELLING what is your problem?" Everyone had their eyes on us, I could feel it. " MY PROBLEM" he scoffed "Whatever, go home NOW" I shook my head "No" I walked away.

I felt bad, we have had arguments but talked them out. He yelled at me, it's been a while. Where am I going to go, I want to be an ass and stay but I am too exhausted. I had one other place to go.