21

Sidharth was waiting outside the Janaki bhavan for the past 10 minutes, but there was no sign of Shehnaaz. He pressed the horn for several times, but there was no response. Getting a little tensed, he got out from the car and walked towards the house. The door was opened already and there was complete silence.

He hesitantly walked further to her room. Getting nearer to the room, he could hear a feeble cry from there. Instantly he pushed the door and strolled into the room. Now, the voice was a little louder.

Aah.. Who's that?? Aaaah... Someone please help me!!

The painful voice of Shehnaaz from the bathroom caught his attention. He got into the bathroom only the find a crying Shehnaaz, who was sitting on the floor holding her right foot. Seeing Sidharth standing in front of her, she cried loudly.

Sidharthhh!! Aaahh... Dekhna.. Meri pair toot gayi... Ammaaa

Sidharth was frightened by the view in front of him. He pulled her into his arms and lifted her up from the floor. He placed her on the bed and tried to touch her foot.

Aah.. Don't touch!! It's paining!!

She cried loudly.

Ssshhh!! Don't worry baby!! Come, let's go to hospital.

He cupped her face in his arms carefully and brushed away her tears. Still, she sobbed quietly.

Come..

He slowly picked her up in his hands and walked out. She tightly clenched on his shirt, not to fall down. Placing her on the passenger seat, he kissed on her forehead. Her sobs slowly died down.

......

Shehnaaz lied on the hospital bed while her foot was getting bandaged.

Meine bola dha to shift to Tara's apartment till uncle and aunty come back.

He whispered coming near to her ears, so that the nurse doesn't hear anything.

Yaar, uski waha uski mom aur dad hei. It will be awkward na.

She whispered back in the same tone.

Kya akward?? Abb dekh kya hogaya! How will you manage now?

She turned silent. He hit on the wrong point. How will she manage? She had no one now.

He saw her eyes getting watery. He shouldn't have said that.

Abb hogaya hei. Take rest for 1 week. Isi meim teek hogayega.

The doctor said catching their attention. Sidharth nodded immediately, while Shehnaaz gazed at the window.

He got softened after seeing her lost in her thoughts.

Baby, chale?

He asked calmly this time.

She just nodded back.

It has been two days since she is living in that house alone, as Janaki and Lokesh left to Kolkata for some family function. They would be back only after two weeks. They, including Sidharth has insisted her to move to Tara's flat fot those days, but she denied it. Even though, Tara was a dear friend to her, she felt hesitant to disturb her.

She stood up with the help of Sidharth, on her one leg.

Meim udhau?

He asked as he saw her struggling to walk.

Nhi.

She denied him looking away and walked slowly.

...

Are you sure, you don't need anything??

Sidharth asked after she finished her breakfast. And she nodded negatively.

Ok, then I am leaving!

Saying this, he walked out of the room. The way she was responding back to him was not going well with him. She wasn't speaking at all. He got into his car and drove away.

Shehnaaz sat there staring at the retreating figure of Sidharth. Was he really leaving her alone?? She didn't expect this from him. A lone tear escaped from her eyes. Soon, it turned into pool of tears. She lied on the bed sobbing. For the first time after coming to Pune, she felt alone. Completely alone.

She woke up at 1'o clock in the afternoon, feeling really hungry. She didn't realize when she slept while sobbing. She slowly got up from the bed and walked towards the kitchen. She was frightened hearing some noise from the kitchen. She was alone in that house and there was no one to help. Nervously, she peeped into the kitchen standing near the door.

A wide smile grew on her face seeing Sidharth standing near the gas stove. He was preparing something in the pan.

Even though he saw her smiling at him, he acted like, he is completely engrossed in his work. She slowly walked towards him on her one leg, but got slipped stepping on the water on the floor.

He immediately caught hold on her waist and pulled her towards him.

Dekhke chalna baby!! Ab gir jati tho!

He said placing her on the kitchen slab.

She blushed lightly hearing the word baby from him. She was noticing it from the morning, but didn't wanted to spoil it by asking him the reason.

He was realising that he speaking the word baby from the morning unknowingly, but it felt good that, she didn't reacted to it negatively. So, he didn't wanted to stop that.

What are you cooking??

She asked peeping into the pan.

I'm not a master chef like you!! It's just some poha, for now.

She narrowed her eyes in disinterest.

What??

He asked as he closed the stove.

I don't like poha!

She whispered in guilt.

Ooh

His face fell sad hearing, but managed to mask it with a sad smile.

It's okay, I will order something.

He took out his phone from his pocket,  but it was grabbed by Shehnaaz instantly.

Tune pehli baar mere liye kuch banaya hei, tho meim kaise na khau!! Jaldi ek plate meim do.. Bahut bhook lagi hei.

She said rubbing on her stomach.

He chuckled seeing her innocence. Taking a plate he put some poha into it.

Uuuummmm.. Yeah bahut tasty hei Sidharth!! Aaj se agar meim poha khaugi tho sirf tere haat ka!!

He patted on her head smiling and went to fill tea into the cups.

Tujhe nhi khana??

She asked from behind.

I will eat na! Tu kha ab.

He gave the cup in her hand.

...

After the lunch they sat together in front of the tv. It was getting boring for her as he was completely engrossed in the action movie played in the tv. But, she liked it aslo, as he was staying near her. But, will he stay there for rest of the day or going to leave her alone?? She bit her nail and stared at the clock which was hanging on the wall. Each second was stricking a loud thud in her heart. Suddenly, shw heard no sound from the tv. Yes, the movie was over. The time stuck 6 in the evening. She had no courage to look at him to bid good bye to him. She wanted him to stay. Was it going to happen??

================================

Please vote comment and share