34

Shehnaaz opened the tap and flashed some cold water on her face, keeping her eyes wide open. Indeed, it was a hectic day for her. She stared at her reflection in the mirror for a while. 

"Come on, the tea is ready ".

With two cups of tea, Manav came to the room and placed one on the table. 

"Waah!! What a tasty tea!! "

He enjoyed his tea while closing his eyes. 

Shehnaaz turned to him and smiled.  He was a great support for her for the last two years. On that day, two years ago , when his proposal came for her, she had no idea that he would be such a good friend for her lifetime. Shehnaaz walked towards him and sat on the chair next to him, taking her tea in her hands. 

" So, how was your meeting with Ahujas?"

Manav asked, sipping his tea. 

 Shehnaaz took a sign and bit her lower lip.

" Went well. "

" Mr. Ahuja is a cunning man. So you guys should have an eye on him. Don't agree with whatever he says "

" We know Manav, but we are not left with an option."

Silence spread through the room for the next few minutes as they completed their tea. Shehnaaz took both the cups and moved to the kitchen, while Manav just ran his hands over the books in Lokesh's shelf. 

Shehnaaz rubbed her wet hands on the towel near the wash basin and returned to the living room. 

" Wo log kab tak wapas aayenge?"

While turning the pages of the book in his hand, Manav replied:

" 9 tak aayenge, yahi bola dha papa ne"

" Prakash uncle ok hai na ab?"

Shehnaaz asked as she opened her laptop and sat in front of him. She rushed through the files and notes something down. 

Closing the book in his hand, Manav leaned backwards in the chair to get a cosy position. Shehnaaz still had her eyes on her laptop which made him chuckle. 

" Yeah, he is okay. Kal doctor ke pas gaya dha. He told him not to take too much stress."

" Unko itna stress kyun hai?"

Shehnaaz asked, narrowing her eyes. Because as far as she knew, both father and son were calm people and always preferred peace in their lives. The rush of this city has never affected them. 

" Pata nahi yaar.. wo to ab mujhe lagta hei Lokesh uncle se puchna chahiye. Unhe pata hoga kuch. "

" Tu bait mein fresh hoke aati hu"

Saying that Shehnaaz left the room. Manav remained in his thoughts. He knew the reason, but he didn't know how to solve it.

…..

Lokesh and Janaki were back around 10 at midnight after the wedding anniversary party of their friend. Two years haven’t made much change in their appearances but they weren't happy as before. Prakash and Manav left as soon as they came. Doctor has told Prakash to take proper sleep. 

“ Shehnaaz, aa jao beta dosa ready hei. Khaali pett se mat sona”

Janaki went directly to the kitchen after the party. She knew what this day was for her. She must be shattered. Janaki took a plate filled with dosa and chutney and placed it on the dining table. Lokesh sat on the chair near the table and looked at Janaki in confusion.