0036 • distance

It started off good.

I would admit, distancing myself off from Harry worked better than last time considering we didn't really have the chance to talk. He's always there with Ginny, who is trying to snog him every so often.

Maybe I was dramatic about the snogging.

However, the past weeks, I had managed to sort of distract myself with other people. It didn't really work since I don't get along with people, but I believe I'm starting to get good with conversations.

I managed to make new friends at the ravenclaw table, and hung around Luna a lot. I got back on my Hogwarts status on being an introvert as weeks passed on. No more, Y/N L/N dating the chosen one.

Just Y/N L/N. A normal Gryffindor witch.

7th year was coming closer by 3 months, I wouldn't be lying if I said I was quite hyped. We were going to have a 2 week break because of the holidays, so that meant I was finally going to be with my parents. I was packing my final items that I needed to take with, as I zipped up my suitcase.

"Remember to write to me." Hermione's voice peeped up from my thoughts, as I looked back at her.

Her suitcase was on her right, her face lifting up to a small smile.

"Don't worry, I would never forget."

I stood up, picking up my suitcase.

"At least you wouldn't have to deal with drama for the next two weeks." She implied.

I shrugged, "I think I'm making progress."

I turned around, and headed towards the door of my dormitory.

"Y/N." Hermione stopped me.

I turned around, and looked at her.

"I-I'm glad we set our past behind us. With the situation we had a long time ago." She admitted, fiddling with her fingers. I knew what she was talking about, and I understood why she thought that way a long time ago.

I offered her a smile, nodding.

"I understand. See you Hermione."

•••••••••••

I said my goodbyes to my friends, and fellow companions as I rode the Hogwarts Express home. It was just a two-week break, so I knew it wasn't big. But it felt sad leaving the school. My hand brushed at the glass window, the cold temperature invading my hand.

I laid my head on the cushion of my seat, as my eyes lazily stared off at a distant object that was in front of me. It was going to be a long trip, and I knew that I needed my rest—

"Chocolate?" A voice commented.

I looked up, to see a random lady with a basket, holding up a frog chocolate. Her wrinkly fingers shook slightly, and a soft smile grazed on her pale face.

I quickly looked at my pockets, seeing if I had any spare change with me. Which luckily I did, putting out a few galleons.