0044 • Don't

•••••••

3rd person POV:

Y/N glided across the room of potion class to turn in her sheet of homework that was due today.

Naming all the potions in her paper wasn't particularly hard than she thought it was. In fact, she quite enjoyed it. Her hair was swaying around as she walked, a gust of wind of her scent swooshing by to the other students.

She handed her paper to Professor SlugHorn.

"Here you go Professor."

Slughorn swiftly looked at her paper, away from his desk. His glasses were rested on his greasy nose. His eyes were weary with wrinkles upon his face when he raised his eyebrows.

"Finished earlier than usual, L/N?" A smiled crept up his face once he said that.

The girl shrugged once SlugHorn took her paper.

"Just think potions is my favorite class."

Y/N watched as Professor SlugHorn's eyes skimmed through the paper, her hands tucked at her side.

What if she got them wrong?

A wave of unease crossed Y/N.

"Good job." SlugHorn's voice said, interrupted her thoughts. Y/N looked back at Professor, with a tint of hope in her eyes.

"You got them all. Impressive. Usually, you'd get 5 of them wrong, but you really improved your game L/N." He said, handing back the paper.

She hid my her embarrassment, and silently thanked him before walking to my seat.

It wasn't everyday she got a perfect score on an assignment.

She returned to her desk where Hermione was seated, reading her book for next class.

She sat down, making a loud sigh while plopping her paper on the table. She had hope Hermione would glance up at her.

She didn't budge.

Y/N's eyes turned to face Hermione, scanning her focused expression.

Her eyebrows were scrunched up together, making little lines across her forehead. Her lips turning into a slight frown when she pulled the book closer to her face. Her eyes were dull from the side.

Y/N snapped her fingers in front of Hermione, causing her to flinch.

"You done?"

Hermione held an annoyed expression, her eyes closed when she closed the book.

"I was reading."

"Oh really? I didn't know."

Hermione scowled, and faced her. Her eyes weren't so dull when she looked into them. Instead, they held a light honey-brown color.

"So." A smug look held on Y/N's face.

"So what?" Her thick accent hissing at the girl's smile.

The sound of her snapping at Y/N made her remember something. Something that happened in the Great Hall. She didn't know why, but her memory came across that incident.

Her smile falter, replacing with a more serious look. She remembered she needed to confront Hermione about it.

"I don't understand the beef you have with Harry." Y/N said,

"You two were good friends, and I don't understand what happened with you two. Yes, we figured out Harry was the one who put a love potion on him, and I can tell you are mad at him, but maybe he had a reason why-"

"Are you that dumb?" Hermione interrupted.

Y/N looked at Hermione and saw her expression. A displease frown was replaced.

"Y/N, open your eyes for once. Can't you see that Harry is obsessed with you? Can't you see that his intention was not to put the love potion in Draco, but to-"

The voice of Professor SlugHorn interrupted Hermione, making me flinch.

"Everyone, clean up your potions! Class is dismissed. Don't want to make Professor Dumbledore mad that we kept you kids in for too long."

Hermione for once, was mad that SlugHorn had interrupted in the wrong time. She knew that she was close on telling Y/N. But what had stopped her from doing so?

Maybe the death glares of a certain somebody?

Everybody started packing up in the classroom, putting away ingredients and storing their textbooks in a cabinet.

She was so close on telling Y/N.

"Y/N-"

"We'll finish this later Hermione. Don't want to be late for my next class." She hid any emotion from her voice, giving Hermione a tight grin while picking up both of their textbooks.

"But-"

But what, Hermione?

Didn't you already get a warning last time?

Wasn't that warning enough?

Hermione could imagine crazed look on the boys expression.

Why so persistent in telling Y/N the truth?

You know he wouldn't like it, do you?

"But what?" Y/N turned around, facing Hermione, her grip on the textbooks.

Don't you fucking tell her.

"Nothing. Nevermind."

•••••••••••••••••••