#4 The Failure of Logic

"Could it be that it's a lesson
That I never had to learn?
I looked at it like a blessing
And now it's just a curse.
I don't know why,
I don't know why...."

— "It's You" // Zayn Malik

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

A week has passed and the workload isn't much. Abir is definitely giving Mishti a wonderful time to relax, settle herself in Rajkot and look back at things. There are no big cases till now and Mishti is able to devote her time in keeping a check on Vishambhar, Nishant and a brand new addition to her life – Abir Rajvansh. Although she hasn't spoken much to Abir, his mysterious smile and sharp eyes need no more than a second to attack her.

Mishti is given a new cabin and she's not sure if it was planned or just a coincidence that her cabin is right in front of Abir's. So naturally both of them are always checking on each other. Mishti chooses to believe that Abir is no saint to help her by offering a job and not "torturing" her in any way. He has a bigger plan and she won't be surprised if tomorrow Abir does something unexpected which will cause her trouble. She's not supposed to live in constant fear but Abir and his genuine attitude is not helping either.

What else do you expect from someone who has lost faith in goodness?

The one holding you tight today will push you off the cliff.

With people, you never know.

But one thing Mishti knows well – Abir Rajvansh is dangerously unpredictable.

Honestly, Mishti did underestimate Abir before meeting him properly.

Everytime she takes her head up from her files, she can see Abir clearly, and everytime she sees Abir, she remembers the bygones and with that comes the probability of what could have happened and what could have not. Apparently these calculations do not make sense now, but this is giving Mishti a reason to think of herself beyond the games of revenge and hatred.

A reason to look at her own mistakes.

It's been more than five years since Mishti first heard the name - Abir Rajvansh, that too as her prospective life partner. Her mom, Rajshree was very happy with the proposal of Mehul Rajvansh. As Mishti was studying in Canada and had no plans to get married anytime soon her first reaction was a rejection. Moreover Vishambhar always considered the Rajvanshs inferior to the Maheshwaris and being a "typical" Maheshwari it was Mishti's duty to follow her father blindly. She was asked not to bother herself with whatever "problems" the Rajvanshs are intending to create. On one Godforsaken day she was asked to marry a family friend Nishant Singhaniya and like a fool Mishti didn't even think twice before saying yes. After all, could her father ever be wrong? Wasn't he the God to Mishti? No matter how much Rajshree tried to guide Mishti towards the right way, Mishti was hell bent on following her pride - her father. The father she believed was her own, the father she thought would never hurt her, the father who promised to bring every happiness of the world under her feet, the father who ultimately made the way for all the misery to her life, the father who was the reason she lost her Mom.

Only if she listened to her mom once, maybe things would have been different today. Had she tried to realize the baseless pride and egoistic games of the businessman in Vishambhar, her life could be better. But she failed. She failed to see what was right, she failed to act when it was the time, she failed to save her mother. All her knowledge, her achievements were of no purpose. She watched the destruction of her family silently and couldn't do anything. The Singhaniyas turned out to be a poisonous snake but the always-so-right Vishambhar Maheshwari was the one to bite her right in the heart. The Singhaniyas abused Mishti, took away her property deceitfully and when finally Mishti decided to act, they turned her world upside down by taking her mom away.