#16 Beginning of the End

"Tempted, you know
Apologies are never gonna fix this.
I'm empty, I know
And promises are broken like a stitch is.
This thing upon me, howls like a beast
You flower, you feast.."

"Woman" // Harry Styles

ɤɤɤɤɤɤɤɤ

Making a declaration is fine but working on it and making it really happen is the toughest job. Especially when there's such a huge resistance from the other side, you hardly have chances to accomplish it.

But there's this 1% chance of something good happening and if you know Abir well, well he's taking that chance without a second thought.

Mishti disappeared again - mysteriously - and this time even Nishant doesn't know where she is. A day passed but she didn't come back home. No news, nothing. Everything seems so peaceful that it haunts Abir every moment. God knows what Mishti is up to and now that Nishant too is unable to track her, the whole situation is serious. Mishti being alone with her mom's letter and revenge in her mind is dangerous. She has had enough and Abir is sure she's not going to wait for anything. Mishti won't think twice before attempting something horrible because she won't hold her anger for long and Abir is still absolutely clueless about her well-being.

Everything is just so fucked up!

But something is wrong, Abir's gut feeling is screaming from the moment Mishti left him in the cafe. He knew he had to distract her so that she doesn't make an impulsive decision but how events turned out is something not right. He was supposed to calm her down, talk and make her feel a bit relaxed but the moment was gone and Abir lost his chance.

"C'mon Abir, don't act like you're the reason for all this shit. Stop blaming yourself. You at least tried, she is the one who doesn't want to help herself. You can do nothing about it."

Nishant says in a rather irritated tone. He's just tired. He definitely is, no one has any idea what's happening and Abir is saying things like something truly dangerous is going to happen and Mishti is nowhere to be found, Yash Singhaniya is suddenly in Rajkot, Kunal out there is giving pitying looks... ugh! It's all so pathetic!

And he'll only blame Mishti for running away like this every damn time. Why can't she just sit and sort out herself and then leave with an explanation? Or at least a conclusion! Abir deserves that bit. What a storm this girl has landed them in!

"Abir, listen. Now get up and --"

"Hold on, Nishant. Yash Singhaniya, what the hell is he doing in Rajkot?"

"What? He? I- How do I know Abir?"

"Then go and see. Does he know that you've seen Mishti's mom's letter? Does he know?"

"Well, he didn't see me stealing the letter and stuff, only my mum was there in the mension when I went. I made her promise to not to tell Dad but I'm sure Yash Singhaniya is no dumb to not see that his precious possessions were missing." Nishant says air quoting, "And my mum is dumb enough to break the promise and tell him that I was there. Oh well, wait --" His expression suddenly changes into a serious one now.

"If dad is here and Mishti is nowhere --"

Of course, of fucking course!

"Oh My Fucking Goodness. Oh for the love of Lord, Abir. Oh my God."

Nishnat exclaims as he dramatically falls on his chair.

"Yes exactly." Abir smirks, more of an expression that says "Now you get it, you fool".