Warmth

Chapter 13

Bai Shen Hong
Emperor Huizhong
The Blacksword Manor

He doubted she would choose him if worse came to worst. Before him, she would say it was him while behind the scenes she would wield a plan to rescue his nemesis. So in the end, was it really him she chose?

Sadly, although knowing this, he took her back. Being a hopeless lover, hoping that down the line it was him who would be the winner.

Competition couldn't scare him because in the end who was like him? Who was willing to go through the emotional storms and hurricanes that came with pursuing a woman like her? Their love was one that was painful, although he aimed to change that.

Li Lian panicked once she hit the waters. She had swam from him because as he looked for her, she was nowhere to be found. Reaching the top, she was not there. Going down, he could not locate her.

Of course, he was starting to panic. He had recently experienced the cold world without her and neither was he ready to go through that again.

"Li Lian!" he screamed against the raging waters that crushed down the waterfall into the abyss of the dark waters―in the absence of the sun.

"Li Lian!" His heart drummed anxiously as he dove deep down and searched for her, even though he barely could make out anything. The waters swirling did not make it any easier to trace what was the movement of life.

However, that was when he felt small fingers clung onto his hand to stop him.

Turning around, he realized it was her, to his amazement and utter relief. He watched her with water painfully irritating his eyes as she waved her hand, signaling him to follow her to the top.

This woman. She had scared the living breath out of him. Why did she like playing games?

"Yoh! Your Majesty, you were drowning? You had me scared for a moment, " she derided him when they reached the surface.

"What do you mean―"

"I have always looked forward to the day I would rescue my "damsel in distress," you seemed so afraid down there before I came to your rescue," she laughed.

"No, I was searching for you. Not drowning."

She was silly and he wanted to kiss the stressful search out of his system.

But Lance.

"Don't worry," she entwined all of her onto him. "I will always be here to catch you when no one is there."

That hope he had earlier grew all the more. He was in love with this woman.

"I am feeling cold, hold me." She rubbed her naked body against him.

He chuckled. "This is what I looked forward to the most."

"I knew it. You always have ulterior motives in everything you do. Don't you?"

"Me? No!" his response was exaggerated.

"You do!" she giggled.

"Never, Empress."

Lance had kissed her, and to what extent? Another man had owned what was his and it excruciatingly hurt, while also leaving a trace of rage.

"Stop calling me that." She lightly dug her nails into his biceps, reprimanding him, but also did a double-take when she noticed his fallen face. "What is bothering you?"